Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has info on getting work visas here for people who were born in Iran? My friend recently moved here from the states and has an American passport but she was born in Iran, some people have to me that the uae is refusing everyone born in Iran no matter where their passport is from. Any advice?!?!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hi ,
f she has an American Passport, she shall have no Problem getting a Residency.
better check with company PRO who can give you full image about the situation .

Good Luck .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well my pro is telling me that everyone with born in Iran on their passport no matter where from is being sent to dubai immigration for review... My company is in the jlt free zone but they also told me that all Iranian nationals are sent to uae immigration.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has info on getting work visas here for people who were born in Iran? My friend recently moved here from the states and has an American passport but she was born in Iran, some people have to me that the uae is refusing everyone born in Iran no matter where their passport is from. Any advice?!?!
Just asked someone I know who has knowledge in residence visa applications and he confirmed that all incoming Iranian born nationals (even with foreign passports) applications will automatically be rejected.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Apparently something like 95% of Iranians are getting rejected now - and a fair few people who have been in the UAE for years are getting their visas revoked

It would seem that the government is trying to control/reduce the number of persians here in the UAE - no clear explanations as to why but I could speculate a few...

·
Registered
171 Posts
From what I have heard its more for the lower end jobs. I have also heard that if the place of birth is anywhere in Iran, it will have to go for review but with dual nationality Iranians it is generally approved.
Please let me know how it goes since we are selling our business and moving to dubai and now I am thinking twice about selling before I find a job there and get my residence visa.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well I recently heard about an Iranian doctor that was denied a visa but he didn't have duel citizenship... I got mine last year with no problems but I opened up my own company.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From what I have heard its more for the lower end jobs. I have also heard that if the place of birth is anywhere in Iran, it will have to go for review but with dual nationality Iranians it is generally approved.
Please let me know how it goes since we are selling our business and moving to dubai and now I am thinking twice about selling before I find a job there and get my residence visa.
Mehran I would definitely make sure u can get a visa here before you sell your business. I don't understand why they are doing this based on the fact that dubai was build on Iranian money...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mehran I would definitely make sure u can get a visa here before you sell your business. I don't understand why they are doing this based on the fact that dubai was build on Iranian money...
Probably because they want to keep them under the thumb, and not having too much in the way of business, power, money, land etc.

But it is strange considering how many 'locals' are of Iranian descent.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
But it is strange considering how many 'locals' are of Iranian descent.[/QUOTE]

Very true actually almost all of local emiraties are either Iranian or Yemeni descent.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've heard both, so it may make sense to apply first, and once you get a visa, then move sell everything. Hopefully things will get better with the new president.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hmmm...should I be worried about getting my wife to Dubai? I have a European passport and was born outside of Iran, however she only has an Iranian passport. I have a Free Zone visa and was planning to apply for hers in a few weeks time.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, people.
I realize this thread belongs to a few years ago, but I am currently in a similar pickle.
our company PRO has applied for my work permit a number of times, only to be rejected on every occasion since June.
any ideas?
we're not in a very good place, having sold and moved from half-way across the world !!
If anyone's got any ideas, experience, help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Kamran

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Hi, people.
I realize this thread belongs to a few years ago, but I am currently in a similar pickle.
our company PRO has applied for my work permit a number of times, only to be rejected on every occasion since June.
any ideas?
we're not in a very good place, having sold and moved from half-way across the world !!
If anyone's got any ideas, experience, help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks heaps,
Kamran
How about opening your own company in a freezone, and sponsoring your own visa (and then your family's). It is relatively more expensive an option, but maybe better than having to leave UAE.

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,942 Posts
How about opening your own company in a freezone, and sponsoring your own visa (and then your family's). It is relatively more expensive an option, but maybe better than having to leave UAE.
Out of interest - how would that help?
Even Freezone visas need to be approved by immigration - so if a mainland work visa has been blocked for security reasons - then a Freezone visa would also be rejected for the same reason.

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
Out of interest - how would that help?
Even Freezone visas need to be approved by immigration - so if a mainland work visa has been blocked for security reasons - then a Freezone visa would also be rejected for the same reason.
Somehow the standards applied are different. I know of one person (not Iranian) who has done this. His visa was refused in AD, so he opened his own company and lives in the UAE.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts