Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Work / Residence Visa -> College Degree Required?

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Bevdeforges 
#1 ·
I've been trying to read through the posts, but so far can't seem to find the answer to this question. I apologize if it has been answered already. I'm considering an opportunity to move and work in France for 1 year. My company has an office in Paris. My question is whether a college degree is required. My position would be an executive position, but I do not have a college degree. Others from my company have advised that they think the college degree is required.

Can anyone say for sure whether this is a prerequisite?

Thanks!

#2 ·
AFAIK a university degree is not required. Your company may have to show that you have training, skills or just a working knowledge of the company that is not available in a local candidate for the job. In other words, they do have to justify bringing in a transfer rather than hiring from the local pool of candidates if they want to get work authorization for your visa - but it's up to them at this point.
Cheers,
Bev

#3 ·
Wow - that was fast! Bev, I've read many of your posts and you are very helpful on this forum! Thanks very much for the quick reply.

In my situation, our French office is a smaller satellite office and depends on our US IT folks to enable their business. However, since they are a small part of the company, they often struggle getting the attention to get things done. They actually want an executive level person from the US to come over to help them build relationships and get things done from the teams in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.