Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I have lodged EOI under 189 for my wife and myslef,Please help me as I am in great dilemma regarding work permit Vs PR?

Actually Case is like this-

There is an onsite opportunity available in australia for my wife from her company and we want to grab that opportunity.Now here are few points for which I am confused-
1)Should She tell in her company that we have applied PR thats why we want to grab onsite oportunity? but I feel organization may take it as negative and may doubt that since you will settle there you will leave our company and opportunity will be vanished.

2) we should be keep quite regarding PR application and let the company initiate her work permit and parallely we can go ahead with PR processing?

Please suggest which option1 or 2 will be better?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Hello Folks,

I have lodged EOI under 189 for my wife and myslef,Please help me as I am in great dilemma regarding work permit Vs PR?

There is an onsite opportunity available in australia for my wife from her company and we want to grab that opportunity.Now here are few points for which I am confused-
1)Should She tell in her company that we have applied PR thats why we want to grab onsite oportunity? but I feel organization may take it as negative and may doubt that since you will settle there you will leave our company and opportunity will be vanished.

2) we should be keep quite regarding PR application and let the company initiate her work permit and parallely we can go ahead with PR processing?

Thanks
Give details of your EOI
Points table Anzsco code etc

Cheers

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
ANZO Code-261111
Points-70
You will get an invite in July for 189 in all probability with 70 points

So as and when your wife takes up the job offer and moves to Australia, you will have to file a change of circumstances form and inform the CO that she has a job and is already in Australia

So the CO just might contact her present employer also although he has no reason to, as you have not claimed points for this experience
But you never know

In the rare case a verification call goes from DIBP to the HR, how he would react that she has hidden the fact that she has applied for PR is a subjective matter
So keep this in mind when taking a decision

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You will get an invite in July for 189 in all probability with 70 points

So as and when your wife takes up the job offer and moves to Australia, you will have to file a change of circumstances form and inform the CO that she has a job and is already in Australia

So the CO just might contact her present employer also although he has no reason to, as you have not claimed points for this experience
But you never know

So keep this in mind when taking a decision

Cheers
Thanks for your reply!!
Actually I have claimed her points and she is going to get this australia onsite opportunity from her present employer(India) only for which I have claimed her points!!
Is there any harm if I follow 2 option!!

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Thanks for your reply!!
Actually I have claimed her points and she is going to get this australia onsite opportunity from her present employer(India) only for which I have claimed her points!!
Is there any harm if I follow 2 option!!
There is no harm in Option 2 also

Just recheck her onsite deputation letter

Many Indian companies have a clause which bars the employees from applying for PR when they are onshore
(I have no personal knowledge of this, but some members have reported this clause)

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no harm in Option 2 also

Just recheck her onsite deputation letter

Many Indian companies have a clause which bars the employees from applying for PR when they are onshore
(I have no personal knowledge of this, but some members have reported this clause)

Cheers
Do you think that we at 70 will be invited in July round for 261111 because some say that July will be consumed by 75/80 pointers only? After invitation usually how much time is taken till final grant of VISA?

·
Registered
458 Posts
Do you think that we at 70 will be invited in July round for 261111 because some say that July will be consumed by 75/80 pointers only? After invitation usually how much time is taken till final grant of VISA?
From my opinion 75 and 80 pointers would already have lodged VISA... visit immitracker for further info(although this is just a rough estimate)... lets say if cut off kept at 65 when July round opens, so based on Effective EOI date, invites will be sent, not only with respect to points...the max you will get by August 1st round... no need to worry

·
Registered
23,955 Posts
Due to the 457 controversy, how many additional applicants have come is totally speculation

After lodging the application, grant can come anywhere between 4-7 months but members here are waiting for more then a year also for no apparent reason

Cheers

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From my opinion 75 and 80 pointers would already have lodged VISA... visit immitracker for further info(although this is just a rough estimate)... lets say if cut off kept at 65 when July round opens, so based on Effective EOI date, invites will be sent, not only with respect to points...the max you will get by August 1st round... no need to worry
Actually there will be accumulated 75/80 pointers in Apr/MAy/June and second invitation will be sent first based on points then EOI effective date comes into the picture,thats why little worried!!
Do you have any idea how much time usually taken after invitation till we receive final grant!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Actually there will be accumulated 75/80 pointers in Apr/MAy/June and second invitation will be sent first based on points then EOI effective date comes into the picture,thats why little worried!!
Do you have any idea how much time usually taken after invitation till we receive final grant!!
Highly subjective question mate... from signatures, I have seen people who got Grant in 12 days(yes 12 days!!!) and an year.... depends on lot of factors

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Folks,

Thanks
1. No need to inform employer. It is your personal affair.
2. She can travel on 457 (I suppose) and take up her assignment and continue work. As and when she gets 189 or 190 grant, just inform employer on the change of visa status. Never heard of any company penalizing employees for getting PR. At best, some of the perks like health insurance might go away which is normal and expected.

Reactions: hjauhari
1 - 12 of 12 Posts