Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My employer is working on a pre-arranged employment and wants me as soon as possible in Canada. They believed that going through a work permit is the fastest way.

That being said, what will be the disadvantage of only having a work permit when I arrive in Canada than going through the FSW process? By the way, I'll be bringing my family.

Also, can we apply for permanent residency as soon as we arrived? Let's say the work permit is for 3 years.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
If your employer fires you, you have to leave Canada within a couple of weeks. That is the disadvantage. It will all depend on trust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, you cannot apply for PR immediately. You need to have some Canadian working experience first.
Thank you for your comment.

How about Opportunities Ontario? It states that to be an eligible nominee you need to have 2 years experience and for work experience obtained abroad and in Canada, Opportunities Ontario will only accept full-time work experience that is verifiable, relevant, and paid.

I'm wondering if my case can fall under "abroad". May not be as straightforward as it sounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.