Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I got a job offer from german company. I had already applied for work permit visa in india. I wanted to know how much time it will take to process work permit visa in this case.

I already had blue card which is now expired from my last visit.

Its almost 8 weeks over and I am still waiting for visa call from consulate.

Can anyone share there experience wirh me

Thanx

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hello
I got a job offer from german company. I had already applied for work permit visa in india. I wanted to know how much time it will take to process work permit visa in this case.

I already had blue card which is now expired from my last visit.

Its almost 8 weeks over and I am still waiting for visa call from consulate.

Can anyone share there experience wirh me

Thanx
Hi,

I am in a similar situation as You were, though in the initial stages (except the Blue card part, as I have never had them).

Could you please let me know, if you have received the Work permit, and is it possible to apply for Blue card directly while applying for the work permit?

Many more questions are there, hope to get it cleared one by one from You!! If you wish so!

Thanks in Advance,
Uday

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Anna9,

As you have mentioned that you applied for work permit on Nov 5th, I would like to know, have you got the visa by now ?

I have also applied for work permit and it's the 7 week over today, and no update from the consulate. I applied it at the chennai consulate in India.

One of my colleague got the same visa in JUST 5 days !! :eek: Unimaginable, but mine is still pending.

Cheers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Anna9,

As you have mentioned that you applied for work permit on Nov 5th, I would like to know, have you got the visa by now ?

I have also applied for work permit and it's the 7 week over today, and no update from the consulate. I applied it at the chennai consulate in India.

One of my colleague got the same visa in JUST 5 days !! :eek: Unimaginable, but mine is still pending.

Cheers
Hi Dude,

Were you able to get any information from the Consulate, as You are entering the 8th week soon?

I understand that, it is too early, as the Consulate does not entertain any request before 12 weeks.

Also, could you please let us know, if your colleague, who got the visa in JUST 5 days also applied at the Chennai Consulate? If yes, was he too having the Job offer from the same company as You?

Thanks,
Uday

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi Dude,

Also, could you please let us know, if your colleague, who got the visa in JUST 5 days also applied at the Chennai Consulate? If yes, was he too having the Job offer from the same company as You?

Hi Uday,

To answer your question "yes" he got the job offer from the same company and we applied on the same day.

Cheers

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Dude,

Hi Uday,

To answer your question "yes" he got the job offer from the same company and we applied on the same day.

Cheers
Hello There,

That is really strange.
Both are having offer from same company, and applied at same consulate. (I too know of a person, who got the Visa in straight 2 days @ Bangalore Consulate).

May be so that, the colleague is from another state under the jurisdiction of Chennai Consulate?

BR,
Uday

·
Registered
417 Posts
No he is from the same city even.

By the away when did you apply Uday ?
Hi Again,

I am about to apply, but the appointment has been given for 30th January for the Visa Application @ Chennai Consulate. Hence cooling the heels as of now.

By the way, were you able to reply to my Private message?

BR,
Uday

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Uday,

I am completely new to this forum and just checking out things. I think I have already answered your query here itself, which you have asked me in private.

But I am not able to figure out there how to respond to private messages.

Cheers

·
Registered
928 Posts
Hey Uday,

I am completely new to this forum and just checking out things. I think I have already answered your query here itself, which you have asked me in private.

But I am not able to figure out there how to respond to private messages.

Cheers
After 5 posts you can use the PM (Private Message) facility. Just click the user and use PM from the selection box that appears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The employment visa application says that

"As of July 2013, Blue Card applications and applications with a “BA-Vorabprüfung” (Approval by the Federal
Employment Agency) can – under certain circumstances - be directly decided by the German Missions,
resulting in a processing time of approximately ten days.
Other employment visa applications, such as for deputations, still have to be forwarded to the competent
immigration authorities in Germany; processing will take approximately six to eight weeks. "

So if you have an Approval by the Federal Employment Agency it is faster :)

So do you have it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi

For my case, now I am in the eighth week. Due to the Christmas and holiday seasons in between, there were less activity in the consulate office, that's what my german employer has updated me. Now my application is pending with the "Arbeitsamt" or German labour office.

The foreigner's registrations office has forwarded the application to them. This is the current status. I have no idea how many more weeks I have to wait.

Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Guys, can you please tell me how did you manage to get a job offer? I work in Bangalore and have 8+ years of IT experience. Please do help. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Kindly update on the work permit processing time? Why does it take so long even after an employment offer from genuine German company ?

·
Registered
144 Posts
On their website they say it takes 12 weeks approximately. If you also include the fact that there was a christmas and new years break , it will probably take that long.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Any idea how much time does it take for processing visa from india? Share your experience.
I got the information as 6 weeks. Not sure if its correct.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Kindly update on the work permit processing time? Why does it take so long even after an employment offer from genuine German company ?
Hi lgmagic,

From Bangalore, if the offer is genuine, then in some cases the Visa is granted in a couple of days.

But in Chennai, it takes at least 8 weeks, since all the applications (Without Employment Agency approval) are all sent to Germany.

It is based on the consulate You apply from. However, the maximum is 12 weeks.

FYI: wingsofdesire (Forum member) has got his visa this Monday (Almost 11th week - including the winter vacation days)

BR,
Uday

·
Registered
417 Posts
As for the reason: This is as below:

* EU Blue card applications can be decided at the Consulate level and if it is decided, then the Visa is granted in a couple of days to a week's time.
* Some Consulates are not willing to take any risk (for reason varying from New CG, or others) and they forward the application to German Immigration authorities based out of Germany.
* Applications are scrutinised there, and Federal Employment Agency is asked to give opinion/approval on the subject case.
* Then after the feedback from the Employment Agency, the Immigration authorities give the feedback to Consulates.
* Consulates also take their sweet time to intimate the applicant about the decision.

Sometimes, there are also verification tasks taken up at all levels, and it increases the processing time.

BR,
Uday

·
Registered
52 Posts
You need to wait for atleast 12 weeks. Most of the guys would have returned back from vacation now. You should probably see a reply soon

1 - 20 of 48 Posts