Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All,

Can anyone please help me with answers.

1. Do France offer nationality if someone work there for 5 years?

2. Do employers hire on sponsored visas from outside? I am working in UAE.

Please advise.

If yes, please give me link of relevant threads so I can explore more.

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
As is often the case here in France, the answers are not particularly cut and dried.

1. Five years of legal residence is one of the requirements for taking nationality by naturalization. But it is not by any means the only requirement. You need to have a certain level of French language competency (and a certificate to prove it), plus proof of "assimilation" (for which 5 years of working in France is a pretty good start).

2. Good question. There is a process for employers to request work authorization to hire someone from outside France. Generally speaking they have to show that they have attempted to find a similarly qualified candidate from within France or elsewhere in the EU and been unsuccessful.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you please advise the best job site ?
Is linkedin very popular?
Whats thebest way to reach employer? phone calls? best tailored cv?

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
In France, the "best job site" is to know someone who can introduce you personally to the employer, preferably the hiring manage. The personal touch has always been key in France. But as far as job hunting sites, it varies greatly from one employer to the next which ones they use, consult and trust.

In any event, you won't get a job offer strictly online. Ideally, you would need to make yourself available for interviews - which may mean springing for a trip to France (or wherever) including obtaining a visa (probably a tourist visa). Remember that for any EU country, you are standing in line behind any similarly qualified candidate from anywhere within the EU and EEA - if only because they don't need a visa nor a work permit.

In some of your other posts, you mention recruiters. Normally, the best way to come to the attention of recruiters is simply to apply for jobs being posted by recruiters. If you meet requirements for either the posted job or for other positions they want to fill, they will get in touch with you. But you have to show them that you are aware of requirements like visas and work permits and give them an idea of why an employer would go the extra mile to hire you over a local candidate.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think its like telling them achievements and telling tehm speciically how you can help their company like no one else?

·
Administrator
50,464 Posts
Oddly enough, the French employers seem to prefer academic credentials and job titles they understand. They aren't as much into evaluating your on the job experience. Though you do need to convince them that there is some reason they should consider you rather than the many local applicants who could probably start the job tomorrow. Hiring from overseas has many costs and issues.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts