Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for ACS. Can you please help with my below confusion.

I have completed my Bachelor degree (Information Technology) in 2004. I have started working from Nov 2004 over in India.

I have worked in Sydney from April 2012 thru July 2013 on 457 and then I have moved back to India. I'm currently working in Melbourne since Nov 2014.

Can you please let me know how many points I can claim on the work experience front.

Regards,
Hemanth.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
It depends how well your education matches your nominated occupation and whether ACS will consider it a bachelor with ICT major or minor. Consult the ACS Skills Assessment Guidelines on page 9 and the Summary of Criteria for details. The minimum deduction is 2 years post-graduation if everything matches perfectly, if your degree and occupation are not a good fit, you might get 4 years deducted.

Generally speaking, you should be able to claim points for both Australian experience (1 year = 5 points) and overseas work experience (probably 5+ years = 10 points, you won't make it over the 8+ year mark). That would amount to 15 points, if everything goes well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi All,

I'm planning to apply for ACS. Can you please help with my below confusion.

I have completed my Bachelor degree (Information Technology) in 2004. I have started working from Nov 2004 over in India.

I have worked in Sydney from April 2012 thru July 2013 on 457 and then I have moved back to India. I'm currently working in Melbourne since Nov 2014.

Can you please let me know how many points I can claim on the work experience front.

Regards,
Hemanth.
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts