Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am having 7 years of experience in IT, but my education background is Mechanical. Will it fetch any points when applied for 189 class. If not can i apply with 3 years of Mechanical experience.

Please some one suggest how to proceed.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Points for qualifications can be in any subject, so you may be able to claim points even if you nominate an IT occupation.

You would need to compare the skills assessment requirements for your IT occupation vs. the requirements for a Mechanical occupation, but you may find you end up with more points under Mechanical.

·
Registered
23,885 Posts
Hi All,

I am having 7 years of experience in IT, but my education background is Mechanical. Will it fetch any points when applied for 189 class. If not can i apply with 3 years of Mechanical experience.

Please some one suggest how to proceed.

Thanks
Currently you are in IT or in Mechanical field ?
Please give the timeline also

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,

Currently I am in IT working from 2010 to present.

I was passed out in 2009 and worked for 1 year as Mechanical Engineer, later moved to IT.

Regards,
Bharadwaj

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi,

Currently I am in IT working from 2010 to present.

I was passed out in 2009 and worked for 1 year as Mechanical Engineer, later moved to IT.

Regards,
Bharadwaj

If I were in your shoes, I will not bother much to exclude that 1 year for Skill assessment as its negligible and more importantly not relevant to ANZSCO your majority of experience constitutes. Lastly, ACS deducts 2 years in case your experience isn't closely related to occupation. And so with the degree as its not accounting to IT. Considering that you may ponder selecting correct ANZSCO code and check how many points it may contribute. These are my views and seniors/experience folks may correct me If I am wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bharadwaj23
1 - 5 of 5 Posts