Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information and experiences of Forum Members regarding Work Experience verification by DIAC especially from previous employers.

What documents should be provided to DIAC with Experience Letters?

·
Registered
17 Posts
They usually ask for either of:
1. Pay Slips - one towards the beginning and one towards the end of the job is usually fine. OR
2. Tax documents for each year - I submitted my ITR Acknowledgement and not the Form 60. Since ITR is Govt. issued. OR
3. Bank statements - similar to pay slips - only those covering the beginning and ending periods of a job.

In my case the CO was most interested in ITR since he asked for that despite me providing Bank Statements. Since I didn't have ITR for one of the initial years. However my CO said for the year I didn't have the ITR he is fine with the Bank Statements but for all those that I have the ITR for, he'd prefer the ITR.

Note that each CO's approach may be different and what I've quoted is based on my experience only.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Folks, please help me understand this:

Do you need to provide ITR or bank statements for all the years you are claiming points for ...This is really going to be tough.

-Pk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Folks, please help me understand this:

Do you need to provide ITR or bank statements for all the years you are claiming points for ...This is really going to be tough.

-Pk
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it'll usually be either or combination of the three mentioned above. Based on what you have, you can explain your situation to the CO and they're usually nice enough to understand - which means that, for example if you don't have your ITR for all the years, you can compensate for those years by either providing the start and end pay-slips or bank statements.

Payslips and Bank Statements are not expected for the whole time period but usually for starting and ending periods only, since otherwise just the payslips and bank statements will run into hundreds of pages depending on how long you've been working.

·
Registered
19 Posts
As I mentioned in my earlier post, it'll usually be either or combination of the three mentioned above. Based on what you have, you can explain your situation to the CO and they're usually nice enough to understand - which means that, for example if you don't have your ITR for all the years, you can compensate for those years by either providing the start and end pay-slips or bank statements.

Payslips and Bank Statements are not expected for the whole time period but usually for starting and ending periods only, since otherwise just the payslips and bank statements will run into hundreds of pages depending on how long you've been working.
Dear Dud_Dudo

my case officer has asked for tax document. i have submitted bank statement, salary slips etc. plz suggest what i am supposed to provide either ITR acknowledgement or income tax return copy and payment receipt for each year or all these three. moreover. my job 1 was cash paid. no tax deducted. and in job 2 tax deducted from salary but i had not filed ITR. i intend to file my ITR in next week for all years and will pay my payable tax for all years worked. plz tell paying and submitting ITR now for all years worked will have any negative impact on my 190 case or not..

plzzz reply

G

·
Nothing negative, will be good actually. They want tax documents to prove you were in legitimate paid employment, tax paid (if due) makes it legitimate.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hello,
I have worked in a family business relating to the degree. I was a technical supervisor. But I was paid in cash for the 1.5 years i put in. There are no bank statement available. Will cash vouchers do?

My other question is
If my work experience is not shown then i will loose 5 points and score will be 55. My other option is applying for state sponsorship which will give me additional 5 point. If the CO accepts the cash vouchers then I will get 65 points using 189 category. If he doesnt I will get 55. I can get 60 through state sponsorship. Should I bother clicking on 189 option or should i click only on 190 option during EOI. Please advice.

G

·
It might be ok, do you have tax returns? Do you have an employment offer letter or contract? Do you have employer references?

·
Registered
17 Posts
prettypbg said:
my case officer has asked for tax document. i have submitted bank statement, salary slips etc. plz suggest what i am supposed to provide either ITR acknowledgement or income tax return copy and payment receipt for each year or all these three.
As Shel mentioned it'll be a good thing to pay your taxes. With respect to submitting bank statements, If the CO asked for Tax Documents and you submit Bank Statements, he/she may question why you submitted Bank statements and not the tax documents. If you can explain that properly they should be ok with it. This happened to me, the CO had asked for Tax docs and I submitted bank statements only, due to which the CO questioned me for doing that.

Alternatively, you should proactively email the CO explaining your situation and inform that you'll be able to submit bank statements and also mention that you will pay your taxes now retrospectively and if it is ok with them if you submit the same. I see no harm in doing that since I believe the COs appreciate it if we are truthful to them and place all the facts on the table.

All the best.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It might be ok, do you have tax returns? Do you have an employment offer letter or contract? Do you have employer references?

Yes I do have a letter from the employer saying that I have worked for the said period. It does not mention the salary amount but the individual can be contacted to verify the authenticity. No i did not file taxes at that time with the money.

I hope that would work. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If someone has no Pay Slips but get a Salary Certificate from the previous company and also his salary at that time will be under taxable slabs. Will that be sufficient?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts