Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
Thank you for the great support here in this forum.

I wanted to ask about work experience points; if i will claim points for 8 years working experience under ICT project manager should i have all the 8 years in project management or something like network administrator or analyst still give me the full points.

To give you brief about my profile;
i have more than 9 years of experience in IT most of them as network administrator and the last 3 years as IT Project manager; I have 7.5 overall in IELTS; Bachelor degree in Management Information System; and i'm 30 years old. total score is 70 points.

Thanks for the support. I really appreciate the help.

Kind regards,
Salem

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
65% of the roles and responsibilities in each of your employment episodes should match closely with the duties listed for ICT PM, which, I am afraid, won't match for the periods where you worked as a network administrator. So, that period of employment most probably will not be assessed by ACS.

i have more than 9 years of experience in IT most of them as network administrator and the last 3 years as IT Project manager; I have 7.5 overall in IELTS; Bachelor degree in Management Information System; and i'm 30 years old. total score is 70 points.
More than 9, but less that 10 I presume. So, even in the best of cases, you will be left with more than 5 and less than 8 years of skilled experience, which gives you 10 points. Also, I assume you have 7+ in IELTS in all of the modules (and not the overall score), only then you can count 10 points towards English. Otherwise, if any of the modules' score is less than 7, then 0 points towards English.

Age = 30 points.
English (if all above 7+) = 10 points.
Qualification = 15 points (subject to assessment result).
Experience = 10 points (at best- subject to assessment result, but as I said earlier, due to not-related work experience, these points could be 0 for ICT PM).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts