Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I filed an EOI for Accountants (general) on 20th April with 60 points - 189 and 65 points - 190 visa under the same application.
I have now scored 8 band in PTE and I am about to modify my application with 70 points - 189 and 75 points - 190 visa.

Can I also modify the points of my work experience myself or it is system calculated automatically?
My confusion is as follows:
I started working on 1st May 2012 but since I lodged my EOI on 20th April 2017, I was eligible for only 5 points (3 years of work experience) which should now be 10 points because on 1st May 2017 I have completed 5 years.
However, between 1st May 2012 and 1st May 2017, I have a gap of 3 months in my work experience and the dates of my employment show that.
Please confirm,
if I should wait for 3 more months to update my work experience points (considering the gap of 3 months in my 1st two employments)?
Or the system would update the points automatically?
Or the gap of 3 months does not matter and I can update my work experience points to 10 right now?

I would really appreciate an answer on this. :)

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Hello everyone,

I filed an EOI for Accountants (general) on 20th April with 60 points - 189 and 65 points - 190 visa under the same application.
I have now scored 8 band in PTE and I am about to modify my application with 70 points - 189 and 75 points - 190 visa.

Can I also modify the points of my work experience myself or it is system calculated automatically?
I started working on 1st May 2012 but since I lodged my EOI on 20th April 2017, I was eligible for only 5 points (3 years of work experience) which should now be 10 points because on 1st May 2017 I have completed 5 years.
However, between 1st May 2012 and 1st May 2017, I have a gap of 3 months in my work experience and the dates of my employment show that.
Please confirm,
if I should wait for 3 more months to update my work experience points (considering the gap of 3 months in my 1st two employments)?
Or the gap of 3 months does not matter and I can update my work experience points to 10 right now?

If you have updated the dates of your employment correctly, the system will update the points automatically.

English test points need to be updated manually

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hello everyone,

Please confirm,

You mention every single employment gap by putting appropriate dates and splitting the employment as required.

You leave the current job's To Date (end date) blank. This will cause system to automatically calculate and update your points once you reach total of 5 years.

PTE needs to be manually updated.

2nd post will explain : http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response.
Any idea on how the system calculate the points for experience?
Would it consider the gap of 3 months between employments or it would not consider it to add in my experience?

Also, can we check on their website how much points are we scoring for experience?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Thanks for the quick response.
Any idea on how the system calculate the points for experience?
Would it consider the gap of 3 months between employments or it would not consider it to add in my experience?

Also, can we check on their website how much points are we scoring for experience?
Please read my above post and read the link, it's already answered. For me it seems like, you didn't put your work experience details in the current EOI correctly. You should fix any issue asap if there is any.

Anyway, have you lodged EOI or your agent did ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts