Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've completed my skills assessment through ACS, they've deemed my degree to be an ICT major and taken 2 years of my work experience to qualify me from 2013 Dec onward.

Altogether I have almost 6 years of experience since 2011, since ACS has qualified me minus 2 years I'm left with 4 years of experience thus 5 points only.
However when I filled out the EOI there is no space to differentiate this, in EOI it only asks for the work experience for the last 10 years and it does not have a specific box to mention that ACS has qualified me since 2013, therefore it calculates the my points for work experience to be 10.

Can someone please advice whether I should leave this as it is or whether I should take any corrective action?

Appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

Asanka

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

I've completed my skills assessment through ACS, they've deemed my degree to be an ICT major and taken 2 years of my work experience to qualify me from 2013 Dec onward.

Altogether I have almost 6 years of experience since 2011, since ACS has qualified me minus 2 years I'm left with 4 years of experience thus 5 points only.
However when I filled out the EOI there is no space to differentiate this, in EOI it only asks for the work experience for the last 10 years and it does not have a specific box to mention that ACS has qualified me since 2013, therefore it calculates the my points for work experience to be 10.

Can someone please advice whether I should leave this as it is or whether I should take any corrective action?

Appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

Asanka
Hi,

You need to split your overall experience in two parts.

1. When your experience starts and until the date when ACS recommended skill level met date.
2. After the skill level met date to the last date (or to date).

You need to do this even you are working with same company since 2011. Mark 1st part of your experience as irrelevant by selecting No to the question: Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?* and Yes to the second part.

Question: When did you apply for assessment and what date your results were sent?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

Appreciate your help.

Many Thanks

Asanka
This will explain. 2nd post http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...-190-sol-csol-what-1st-thing-i-should-do.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@MohAdnan

Many Thanks and appreciate much. it fixed my problem

I applied on 27th May and got the results by 14th June

Thanks

·
Registered
238 Posts
I did my ACS July 2016, they gave me 4 years experience from March 2012. So will I now have 5 years experience or do I need to do another ACS assessment?
Please don't spam. Your question will be answered by a member sooner. Have patience.

Reactions: frozebud
1 - 6 of 6 Posts