Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please let me know how work experience is calculated in EOI. All I'm aware is that it is calculated automatically. But what if I've switched companies in between?
I've an ACS approval for 3.2 yrs experience, after I received the approval I switched to another company.

12 July 2010 to 25 Feb 2014 ~ 3 yrs 7 months. - in company A
3 March 2014 to till date ~ 1 yr 5 months - in company B

Total ~ 5+ yrs by end of this month.

Is this employment related to the nominated occupation? - Yes

I have selected the above option as YES in my EOI.

So, will they add 5 more point to my EOI ? or NOT ? Right now I have 60 point in my EOI for subclass 189 and 65 point for subclass 190. I've not yet received any invitations. :( EOI submitted on 26th June 2015.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Aakash,

EOI auto-computes only based on what you input. So, make sure that you mark that "related to nominated occupation" as yes for only that part of your career which falls after the skill-met-date which is listed in your ACS result along the lines "The following employment after mmm-yyyy is considered to equate to..."

If this mmm-yyyy falls in-between your company A tenure, then split this tenure into two when entering into the EOI. The first part being related=no and the rest as related=yes.

If you switched jobs and worked in company B after the assessment, you can still claim points towards it provided you prove that it is related to your nominated occupation- i.e. provide:
(a) work references for this employment listing your skills and responsibilities that closely resemble to those required for the nominated occupation (supported by earlier relieving letter and this new appointment letter), and
(b) proof of full time employment (mentioned in the reference letter and supported by pay slips and bank statements).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Aakash,

EOI auto-computes only based on what you input. So, make sure that you mark that "related to nominated occupation" as yes for only that part of your career which falls after the skill-met-date which is listed in your ACS result along the lines "The following employment after mmm-yyyy is considered to equate to..."

If this mmm-yyyy falls in-between your company A tenure, then split this tenure into two when entering into the EOI. The first part being related=no and the rest as related=yes.

If you switched jobs and worked in company B after the assessment, you can still claim points towards it provided you prove that it is related to your nominated occupation- i.e. provide:
(a) work references for this employment listing your skills and responsibilities that closely resemble to those required for the nominated occupation (supported by earlier relieving letter and this new appointment letter), and
(b) proof of full time employment (mentioned in the reference letter and supported by pay slips and bank statements).
My ACS says ... "The following employment after July 2012 is considered ... "

Now I started working with Company A from July 2012 and then I switched to Company B and started working with Company B from March 2014. Both of these employments for me are related to the same nominated occupation and are continuous without any gaps in between them. So I have select YES for the question "Is this employment related to the nominated occupation?", for both of the Companies.

So now my total work ex is 5+ yrs and I was hoping that 5 more points will be added to my EOI.

So, how can I prove that right now that the Job Profile with Company B I'm working with is for the same nominated occupation ? I suppose I can only mention that in my EOI, which I have already done ? I'm worried because I still do not see those additional 5 points :( And No invitation yet :(

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
It says "after July 2012" and you started working since July 2012? Or is there any other employment before Company A that I missed? Or is your qualification Australian?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
It says "after July 2012" and you started working since July 2012? Or is there any other employment before Company A that I missed? Or is your qualification Australian?
Sorry for the earlier confusions ...
This is what my ACS approval says ...

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled .
level and relevant to 123456 (XXXXXXXX) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 07/10 - 09/13 (3yrs 2mths)
Position: ABCD DCBA
Employer: Company A

Now by July 2012 I competed 3.2 yrs in Company A, I worked in Company A till Feb 2014 and then joined Company B by March 2014 and till date I'm with company B. Now if you see my total work ex it is 5+ yrs. (adding Company A + Company B work Ex.)

But still in my EOI I can only see 5 points. This is where I am confused ? Whether I should get an additional 5 point or NOT?

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Unfortunately, no more additional points even counting company B. After July 2012 till today is just about 3 years of overseas experience that would fetch you 5 points as of now.

Make sure your entries in the EOI employment table are as follows:
Company A ---- ABCD DCBA ---- 07/10 till 07/12 Not-Relevant.
Company A ---- ABCD DCBA ---- 08/12 till 09/13 Relevant.
Company B ---- DCBA ABCD ---- 10/13 till <blank> Relevant.

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled
This is an important line which means only experience post July 2012 should be marked as Relevant in your EOI.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have similar case and I did as what Keda mentioned. My ACS assessment says my exp is valid after June 2007. So I have created one entry in EOI till June 2007 as Not Relevant and then added another entry starting 1 July 2007 as Relevant.

I have one query regarding how the total exp is calculated in SkillSelect tool (using days also or only Months)? I am asking this because Skill Select is calculating my exp from July 2007 till now i.e. July 2015 as 5 years and above but mathematically it should be 8 years. I think in August, SkillSelect might calculate it as 8 years. Do you guys has any idea?

Below is the exp I mentioned in my EOI:

Comapny 3:
Start Date: 16/08/2011
End Datae: Blank

Comapny 2:
Start Date: 07/12/2009
End Datae: 04/08/2011

Comapny 1:
Start Date: 01/07/2007
End Datae: 24/11/2009

Comapny 1: (Not Relevant)
Start Date: 13/06/2005
End Datae: 30/06/2007

Prashant

·
Registered
973 Posts
As your ACS letter says employment after July 2012 this means your relevant experience starts from August 2012
In short but means you still have not completed 3 years hence you cannot claim any points for experience as of now. Please be very careful. Wrong info gven may be considered as purposely given to get more points. You will get 5 points from experience only starting August 2015. As of now you shud have 0 points. You can fill your EOI accordingly now and in August system should auto update your points. Mark experience till July 2022 as non relevant and only mark experience starting from Aug 2012 as relevant.
I would again say fill the form very carefully after understanding yourvacs letter.

Sorry for the earlier confusions ...
This is what my ACS approval says ...

The following employment after July 2012 is considered to equate to work at an appropriately skilled .
level and relevant to 123456 (XXXXXXXX) of the ANZSCO Code.
Dates: 07/10 - 09/13 (3yrs 2mths)
Position: ABCD DCBA
Employer: Company A

Now by July 2012 I competed 3.2 yrs in Company A, I worked in Company A till Feb 2014 and then joined Company B by March 2014 and till date I'm with company B. Now if you see my total work ex it is 5+ yrs. (adding Company A + Company B work Ex.)

But still in my EOI I can only see 5 points. This is where I am confused ? Whether I should get an additional 5 point or NOT?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts