Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have a query regarding skilled experience. I went through a few posts but they were a bit old , i am sorry if this a repeated question.

1) I have a total of 5.5 years experience in the relevant field. But in ACS it is mentioned -

The “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be noted on your ACS result letter and will be determined by the outcome of the suitability criteria.
All relevant work experience completed after the “Skill Level Requirement Met Date” will be considered “Skilled Employment” and eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
The work experience required to meet the suitability criteria is NOT included as “Skilled Employment”and is NOT eligible for points under the skilled migration points test.
2 years of work experience will be used to satisfy the suitability criteria and your Skill Level Requirement Met Date will be <>
The 2 years of work experience used to satisfy the suitability criteria is NOT eligible for the skilled
migration points test but is assessed to meet the suitability criteria.

I am little confused with this - does it mean my skilled work experience would be 3.5 years?

2) any idea on how many points will i get for 3.5 years - i see 3 years and 5 years in all those points calculator websites. And these calculators do not mention whether it is skilled work exp years .

Thanks !

·
Registered
973 Posts
Hi Blue,
ACS follows various guidelines while calculating your relevant experience. If you have done for example an equivalent of Bachellor of Engineering in Computer science they will most probably deduct 2 Years. If you have done B.E in Electronics the usual cut will be 4 years.
If you have completed your engineering in say mechanical or Civil but now you are working in the IT Field you may need to go via the RPL route for which minimum 6 Years will be deducted from your total experience.
You Experience should be closely related to the SOL code you are applying for.
FOr 3-5 Years experience you should get 5 points.

Reactions: JjBlue
1 - 3 of 3 Posts