Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,,,

how many work experience (years) needed to get "5" points from Australian migration point list ????

pls help me I'm new to this process.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
hi guys,,,

how many work experience (years) needed to get "5" points from Australian migration point list ????

pls help me I'm new to this process.
hi friend,

Completion of 3 years of work experience will give you 5 points for immigration purposes. for 5 years, you will get 10 points and for 8+ years, 15 points and these work experience must be assessed and recognized by relevant assessing bodies before claiming for points in Eoi.

Sathiya

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi Sathiya...

thanks a lot for you information....

i have another two questions about this work experience...

1. i heard that ACS deduct 2 years as a skill assessment period..

Eg: if you have 3 years experience than ACS deducting 2 years for skill assessment period and than only one year is remaining..there for you cannot claim 5 points which is for 3 years as a working experience ????

2. can we count pre-work Experience (before degree awarded ) as for my work experience ?????

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
hi Sathiya...

thanks a lot for you information....

i have another two questions about this work experience...

Eg: if you have 3 years experience than ACS deducting 2 years for skill assessment period and than only one year is remaining..there for you cannot claim 5 points which is for 3 years as a working experience ????

2. can we count pre-work Experience (before degree awarded ) as for my work experience ?????
hi friend,

my answers are given below.

firstly, the deduction of work experience varies from one candidate to another and is not fixed as 2 years you mentioned. This deduction actually depends on the subjects he/she covered in academic, the correlation of your current roles with your graduation etc. A candidate holding mechanical engineering discipline in B.E. may expect the deduction of 5 or 6 years also if he works in an ICT occupation, software engineer, for instance. an ECE degree holder may expect up to 4 years' reduction.

No, the period following the acquisition of educational qualification only will be considered for points under work experience. In your case, your pre-work experience can't be claimed.

sathiya

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hi guys...

according to my situation im working as a QA engineer and i have 3years work experience..

Q1. is it ACS will deduct 2 years from my work experience as in skill assessment ???

Q2. is it apprenticeship countable as a work experience ???

cheers
malindaw

·
Registered
30 Posts
Experience deduction??

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/1119.pdf

Go to page 21 and 22 of the pdf for the local and overseas experiences.

This pdf contain all the information about the points

hope that answer your question

cheers

As per the recent changes in the process,there is a cut in total years of experience for each applicant based on their education. I'v 4years of experience in IT and I have dome bachelores in IT. Will I be eligible fo 5 points or there will be any deduction??

Thanks in advance

Rajesh Musturu

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
hi guys...

according to my situation im working as a QA engineer and i have 3years work experience..

Q1. is it ACS will deduct 2 years from my work experience as in skill assessment ???

cheers
malindaw
hi buddy,

This deduction is not a fixed one. in other words, no of years deducted for one candidate is different from others. This reduction of years of work experience has many factors that decide the figure. For example, for a machanical engineering candidate who works as software engineer, reduction of 5 or 6 years is expected whereas for an electronics and communication engineering aspirant working in software role, reduction of 3 or 4 years is possible. An IT engineer who studied Information technology in graduation, 2 years of reduction is prognosticated. moreover, this deduction also depends on the current roles and responsibilities you are performing, number of relevant subjects you studied in your graduation. etc..

No, apprenticeship can't be counted for points under work experience.

Sathiya

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
HEllo,

Even I'v a similar doubt, I'v 4yrs of experience in to DWH(Data warehouse, BI reporting) out of which 6months is an internship at Google.I'm a B.tech grad in IT with software and hardware subjects in academics,as both my academics and my profession are the same.. M i eligible for 5 points or will there be any deduction??

Thanks in advance
Rajesh Musturu
See, if your subjects studied and the roles you are performing are one and the same, still, you may expect 2 years of reduction in work experience.

In that case, you will not get 5 points as of now.

sathiya

1 - 11 of 11 Posts