Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I want to immigrate to Canada as Skilled worker. I have done graduation in B.Tech ( Computer Science and Engineering) and having more than 10 years of work experience in Software industry based on my B.Tech qualification. Now I want to pursue 1 year masters course in Master in Business Administration (Executive) ie. MBA Executive. This basic qualification for MBA Executive is graduation and 3 years experience.

Now my question is, if I complete this master's course, Will I entitled to get points of master degree (which is 128) and points for 6 years of foreign experience (50),which is based on previous qualification (B.Tech).

Thank You

·
Super Moderator
5,193 Posts
I think that you'd need your credentials to be assessed as being equivalent to a Masters Degree in order to qualify for those points regarding that Executive MBA program you are interested in taking.

You may run into some difficulty getting the assessment that you want, given that a 2 year Bachelor's Degree from India is not necessarily considered equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor's degree.... in Canada, a Bachelor's Degree is 4 (four) years duration; if you don't get the Bachelor's designation in your ECA, I don't know how your completing that Executive MBA program could get you credit for a Master's degree, especially when you haven't done the same amount of foundation work that a Canadian student would have to do in order for them to achieve the same qualifications.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WestCoastCanadianGirl;12593354 You may run into some difficulty getting the assessment that you want said:
four[/I]) years duration; if you don't get the Bachelor's designation in your ECA, I don't know how your completing that Executive MBA program could get you credit for a Master's degree, especially when you haven't done the same amount of foundation work that a Canadian student would have to do in order for them to achieve the same qualifications.
Thanks for your response. My bachelors degree is of 4yrs after secondary education , it is considered equivalent to bachelors degree in canada.
Any link/advice that if I can verify about my executive MBA qualifies with Masters degree in Canada. Any source to cross check with subjects/foundation work for Canadian MBA.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.