Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm newbie to this forum and migration. I want to claim for 3 years work experiences (Foreign) which awards me 5 points under DIBP point system. My work employment has been approved by the skilled assessing body.

I have been reading some cases where the DIBP makes their own assessment for the work experience regardless of the decision made by the skilled body. Should the DIBP rejected my experiences, what will happened to my visa application?

Also, if my visa was rejected, do they refund the money and would they ban me from applying for another skilled visa in the future?

Thanks in advance and please advice :):):)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi there,

I'm newbie to this forum and migration. I want to claim for 3 years work experiences (Foreign) which awards me 5 points under DIBP point system. My work employment has been approved by the skilled assessing body.

I have been reading some cases where the DIBP makes their own assessment for the work experience regardless of the decision made by the skilled body. Should the DIBP rejected my experiences, what will happened to my visa application?

Also, if my visa was rejected, do they refund the money and would they ban me from applying for another skilled visa in the future?

Thanks in advance and please advice :):):)
Hi,

DIBP has its own discretion whether to follow skills assessment body's recommendations or not. Mostly they do follow recommendations and opposite is very rare these days.

Regarding your question of visa fees refund, please note that DIBP doesn't refund anything if your visa is refused or you withdraw your application. However there are very limited circumstances when you can get refund i.e. a person included in application dies before visa decision is made etc.

If your employment period has been assessed positive then don't worry about DIBP but make sure you include enough employment evidence at the time of applying for visa. Despite having positive assessment from skills assessment body your visa can still be refused if you don't provide enough evidence or DIBP is unable to verify your claims.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

DIBP has its own discretion whether to follow skills assessment body's recommendations or not. Mostly they do follow recommendations and opposite is very rare these days.

Regarding your question of visa fees refund, please note that DIBP doesn't refund anything if your visa is refused or you withdraw your application. However there are very limited circumstances when you can get refund i.e. a person included in application dies before visa decision is made etc.

If your employment period has been assessed positive then don't worry about DIBP but make sure you include enough employment evidence at the time of applying for visa. Despite positive assessment by skills assessment body your visa can still be refused if you don't provide enough evidence or DIBP is unable to verify your claims.

Thanks MohAdnan! That is very helpful :):)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts