Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
709 Posts
What is simp?

You need the visa before ariving
Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program

SINP is an application for permanent residence... As far as I am aware, the is no job offer requirement for it. PR is your permit to work, once you have been granted PR you don't need to buy a work permit. It sounds like you are confusing permanent residence with temporary work permit. With a TWP you can have your permit issued at POE with proof of LMO and an offer of employment (as long as your job doesn't require a medical), you do not need to get the permit before arriving.

Reactions: Andy H

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i thought when i get sinp that as a faster option we could fly out and buy tempory permit to speed things up.you are probably laughing at that.so if sinp takes 3 months ,what is next step.we are irish so dont need visa

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have been offered a job in saskatoon, the company that has offered the job has told me that they will do the LMO, i will need medical, passport, job offer and contract of employment and of course the LMO.

Once i arrive in the airport i file for the temp work permit and then when in saskatoon the worker number (similar to our prsi number)

i think that is all you need but i will have to check into it further.

·
Banned
709 Posts
I have been offered a job in saskatoon, the company that has offered the job has told me that they will do the LMO, i will need medical, passport, job offer and contract of employment and of course the LMO.

Once i arrive in the airport i file for the temp work permit and then when in saskatoon the worker number (similar to our prsi number)

i think that is all you need but i will have to check into it further.
If you require a medical you cannot apply for a TWP at POE.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, with a LMO, you do the medical (if required, depends on the job, will say on the LMO), then when you get to your point of entry, you hand over your LMO, job offer letter and then they immigration people put the work permit into your passport.
I am not sure if you can apply for the SINP outside of Saskatchewan but the best place to check is their website.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually I should clarify, what we did is we got the LMO, I did my medical (my husband didn't need one) and I also put in our application for a TWP. (You need the LMO number for this) Then when the application is approved, you fly out and at the port of entry you hand over the LMO and other documentation (job offer letter, passports and information from CIC regarding work permit approval). Then the actual permit gets put into your passports.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.