Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yippee - everything is finalised and we get the keys on the 8th of April :cool:

Feels great to be walking away from the hellhole that is renting :D

Now lets see if we can manage to get our full deposit back (bearing in mind we have 3 monsters in the house; 2, 6 and 10 - yikes) :eek:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats! Well done. It's always a huge relief to get your own place and get away from all the renting business.
Good to hear things are looking up for you.
Cheers

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
congrats once again :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Congrats Celts. Having been in my own place for over a year it feels good not to be renting and finally being able to put holes in the walls without asking permission (you know to hang pictures and stuff).

Next stop (council bills and appliance buying) :)

Yippee - everything is finalised and we get the keys on the 8th of April :cool:

Feels great to be walking away from the hellhole that is renting :D

Now lets see if we can manage to get our full deposit back (bearing in mind we have 3 monsters in the house; 2, 6 and 10 - yikes) :eek:

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Congratulations - when's the house warming party? :D

·
Registered
221 Posts
congratulation on your new purchase wish we were there for the house warming,

The scots would mix well with the ozzies and others of course for a party

weelee:D

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Congrats SC,

It's a great feeling isn't it when you can say you've got your own place.

I was having kittens about our final inspection in our rental. The cheeky mare tried to get us to pay for a gardener to 'clear the weeds' in the garden stating it must be as it was 'when we moved in'. I'd actually spent 2 solid days making sure it was clear plus when we first moved in the weeds were so overgrown (about as tall as me, I'm 5ft) that we didn't realise there was a path down the side of the house.

Needless to say, when we pointed out the state of the gardens 'when we moved in' and that we had photographic time and date stamped proof, she backed off at a million miles an hour.

Most will try it on, that is why it is essential to photograph as much as you can when you first move in, even the smallest of dents in the wall, or chip in the floor.

Good luck!

Dolly

PS we got the full bond returned

·
Registered
188 Posts
That's great news, I bet you can't wait! Now the land of boxes! We can't wait to move and we're also dreading the inspection! Would love to get our bond back! Have fun!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats Celts. Having been in my own place for over a year it feels good not to be renting and finally being able to put holes in the walls without asking permission (you know to hang pictures and stuff).

Next stop (council bills and appliance buying) :)
Hey that was our main thing, holes in the walls! The rentals here are the houses that Jack built and is so easy for kids to dent the walls etc! (im thinking my boys fighting lol)

Oh and council bills! aarrgghhh i forgot about those pesky things!

Still, theyre not as expensive as back home :)

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's great news, I bet you can't wait! Now the land of boxes! We can't wait to move and we're also dreading the inspection! Would love to get our bond back! Have fun!
Yeah B.K - back to the land of boxes and suitcases! we really have to start packing yikes!

its all the cleaning im dreading, in order to get our bond back - and then no doubt the new house will need scrubbed as well :eek:

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congrats SC,

It's a great feeling isn't it when you can say you've got your own place.

I was having kittens about our final inspection in our rental. The cheeky mare tried to get us to pay for a gardener to 'clear the weeds' in the garden stating it must be as it was 'when we moved in'. I'd actually spent 2 solid days making sure it was clear plus when we first moved in the weeds were so overgrown (about as tall as me, I'm 5ft) that we didn't realise there was a path down the side of the house.

Needless to say, when we pointed out the state of the gardens 'when we moved in' and that we had photographic time and date stamped proof, she backed off at a million miles an hour.

Most will try it on, that is why it is essential to photograph as much as you can when you first move in, even the smallest of dents in the wall, or chip in the floor.

Good luck!

Dolly

PS we got the full bond returned
Yip Dolly, we have everything but no doubt have forgotten something minute and silly! We are expecting them to pull us up about something (they are pro's and know what to look for)! oh ive already had my kittens over this bond money :D

·
Registered
37 Posts
What a gorgeous house :D The beautiful lawn really stands out to me, considering where I'm from everything is dead ;)

Congrats again!

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
well, the greens are what is the best part.. I do feel they have used way too many colors.. the blues and greens and the reds and yellow.. :p but yeah the lawns are a killer :)

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Nice photos, gotta get that extra Bath in super quick othewise there will be strife (only guessing) ;)

Hmmm, it's put the address in the link, is it safe, now everyone knows where you live and don't want forum creepies visiting you do you? (not everyone is a creep but hey it's the Internet, everyone can see the address).

*REMOVED LINK*

Ok guys - here's the link to the house, it does say under offer whatever but the whole thing has been finalised. House need internal work to our taste but we are find with that.

What you all think of my new pad???:)

I'm up for a giggle re the decor!!! ie - Halo :D

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well, the greens are what is the best part.. I do feel they have used way too many colors.. the blues and greens and the reds and yellow.. :p but yeah the lawns are a killer :)[/QUOTE

Yip i agree Anj, im gonna have lots of fun decorating. We are also gonna turn the garage into another formal sitting room (media room - well that's what hubby thinks :D:D:D) we'll see hee hee.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Yeah amaslam, i thought as much.. its best to take the link off.. celts will hv to tk it off and amaslam u too will hv to edit the post and tk the link off ur post :)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.