Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently applied for 176 state sponsored VISA with DIAC, completed my medicals, (they are getting reflected when I verify the status of the application), got my PCC (from INDIA).

Now the following are my questions to the respected senior members of the expat forum: -
1) Last year, I have been to USA for a tenure of 6 months. Do I still need to get PCC from USA? ( In the immigration site, I read that I require a PCC all the countries where I have resided for more than 1 year, but my agent feels otherwise and advises me to apply for PCC for USA as well)

2) What will be the further process now (assuming I don't require a PCC from USA)?

3) I would like to know the approximate time taken from here before I get a VISA. The reason I ask time line is in my current organisation, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months before I quit. I thought it would be a better if I had some idea about time line so that I can plan accordingly...:)

Highly appreciate your inputs in this regard.

Regards
Surya.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Surya,

As per DIAC you don't need a PCC for country where you have been less than 1 year. If your CO wants a PCC, then he will ask you to get one.

You would have to wait for your CO to get back to you, since you seem to have submitted all documents. Hopefully you will get a grant in some days :)

When you get your visa it will have a enter before date 1 year from the date on your medicals. So you need not worry about the notice at your current company.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi RNH,

Thanks for the reply. The reason I ask regarding PCC from USA is that it will take approximately 10 to 12 weeks (as per inputs from various forums) and I heard that sometimes the case officer may not give that much time. So I wanted to know if anybody had faced similar issue earlier and if yes how they resolved the same.

Anyhow thanks for the info.
Regards,
Surya.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Hi;
You will not be needing PCC from USA. has the Case Officer asked for PCC from USA? I got my FBI PCC in 2 months...
Would you mind telling me your agent's name plz ?
Since medical and pcc have already been uploaded; you should expect a decision anytime now...

Hi,

I have recently applied for 176 state sponsored VISA with DIAC, completed my medicals, (they are getting reflected when I verify the status of the application), got my PCC (from INDIA).

Now the following are my questions to the respected senior members of the expat forum: -
1) Last year, I have been to USA for a tenure of 6 months. Do I still need to get PCC from USA? ( In the immigration site, I read that I require a PCC all the countries where I have resided for more than 1 year, but my agent feels otherwise and advises me to apply for PCC for USA as well)

2) What will be the further process now (assuming I don't require a PCC from USA)?

3) I would like to know the approximate time taken from here before I get a VISA. The reason I ask time line is in my current organisation, I have to serve a notice period of 3 months before I quit. I thought it would be a better if I had some idea about time line so that I can plan accordingly...:)

Highly appreciate your inputs in this regard.

Regards
Surya.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.