Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently moved to Dubai. I am from the US. I lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia previously and they had several woman's groups meetings you could attend to meet people. I am wondering if anybody could share lunch groups/meetings where I would be able to meet some people. Appreciate any info you can offer me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
arabianghosts2011 said:
I recently moved to Dubai. I am from the US. I lived in Jeddah Saudi Arabia previously and they had several woman's groups meetings you could attend to meet people. I am wondering if anybody could share lunch groups/meetings where I would be able to meet some people. Appreciate any info you can offer me.
Welcome to Dubai arabianghosts2011. You may try www.meetup.com I've seen lots of women groups over there. Normally they do weekly meetups. Good luck

·
Registered
76 Posts
arabianghosts2011 said:
There is an expat woman website here where they have coffee mornings etc. we are not allowed to give the url address here. So just google it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Welcome

Hey Arabian Ghosts

Welcome to Dubai, have been a month so in same predicament. Like to meet people etc so if you want to meet for coffee some time can arrange something. Have joined Meet Up too, not too bad. Been to some events and gradually getting to know people

Word of advice: change your privacy settings when you join otherwise can get emails from blokes wanting to be your 'friend' :p

Reactions: shedxb

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are a couple of expat women websites that have links to groups and websites. Sorry to be so oblique, but I'm not really clear about privacy rules here.

For what its worth, I'm in the same situation. Best of luck.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Why don't we set our own one up? I'm happy to help coordinate if you ladies are interested....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why don't we set our own one up? I'm happy to help coordinate if you ladies are interested....
Hey Sherry

Great idea :clap2: love to attend and help organise get togethers

:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi ...I am a member of the international women's club in Dubai .Where we have an hospitality morning on every 2nd Monday at the club house and have coffee and snacks and there is always some guest speaker ...It's a nice and friendly group of mixed nationalities and we also organize outings like going for lunch or picnics ...

·
Registered
275 Posts
reins said:
Hi ...I am a member of the international women's club in Dubai .Where we have an hospitality morning on every 2nd Monday at the club house and have coffee and snacks and there is always some guest speaker ...It's a nice and friendly group of mixed nationalities and we also organize outings like going for lunch or picnics ...
Do you only meet during the day?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I wish there were women groups that catered for working women but the majority I have come across here hold events during working hours so I can't attend :(

Seems like there are a few of us interested - how about a dinner / coffee so we can get to know each better?

Weekends are best for me at the moment as I'm out of Dubai during the week.

Any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
50 Posts
5herry said:
I wish there were women groups that catered for working women but the majority I have come across here hold events during working hours so I can't attend :(

Seems like there are a few of us interested - how about a dinner / coffee so we can get to know each better?

Weekends are best for me at the moment as I'm out of Dubai during the week.

Any other suggestions ?
Hi 5herry, I also find this very frustrating. I am happy to meet for dinner one time. Let me know what date you're thinking of :)

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hi 5herry, I also find this very frustrating. I am happy to meet for dinner one time. Let me know what date you're thinking of :)
Ditto :clap2:

Brekkie, lunch, dinner, coffee......you gather that there is a theme of meeting when food is involved :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
How do I Join? am interested...

·
Registered
383 Posts
Fab - how is everyone placed for dinner on Friday 23rd or 30th March?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I already got plans for 23rd March but I would be in for 30th March :) What's the plan?!

I also work all day and Fridays, so I usually can't join the ladies breakfast, or brunch or whatever they do during the day....

·
Registered
196 Posts
Fab - how is everyone placed for dinner on Friday 23rd or 30th March?
ah man, can't make either of those dates for dinner :( lunch yes, dinner no. Hope to meet at next one

:clap2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.