Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Government has announced budget recently, and Department of Immigration also did their bit and announced increased application fees for different classes.

VAC increases include:

2.3% Increase - Subclass 489, Subclass 189 , 190. ENS -186 , RSMS - 187 Skilled Graduate, 457, Visitor and Student streams.

5% Increase - Temporary Short Term Business, Entertainment, Working Holiday, RRV, Retirement and Contributory Parent streams

10% Increase - Remaining Relative, Carer and Aged Dependent Relative and non contributory Parent visas

50% Increase - Significant Investor visas and Offshore Partner visas.

Almost all the subclass visa fees has increased with few percent but noticeably Offshore Spouse Visa has been increased almost 50%. Now it won't be easy to bring your respective partner's to Australia easily.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Hey that's really bad news for people like who are ecpecting their invites in July.
What does Offshore spouse VISA mean...
When we apply for 189 and add dependent for our Spouse is tht offshore spouse or is it something else.
No,
But if someone get married later after getting visa..and want to sponsor his/her spouse back from home...that is offshore partner visa.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If I add my spouse in the visa application (189), will he/she be getting a dependant visa or PR, letting him/her work there?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

She would be getting PR Visa.

Following is an excerpt from IMMI website...

What this visa lets you do

This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:

stay in Australia indefinitely
work and study in Australia
enrol in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).

If I add my spouse in the visa application (189), will he/she be getting a dependant visa or PR, letting him/her work there?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Link for those who wants the source.
Go to "Budget fact sheets".

Will these changes apply to people who EOI'd before June, and will be lodging for the visa after July 1?
Also, will we be calling them ABF now instead of DIAC/DIBP? :)

Reactions: Jeeten#80

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

These changes WILL APPLY to all who lodge their VISA on or after 01st July 2015.

Link for those who wants the source.
Go to "Budget fact sheets".

Will these changes apply to people who EOI'd before June, and will be lodging for the visa after July 1?
Also, will we be calling them ABF now instead of DIAC/DIBP? :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts