Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sliding window in the my 2BHD have worn brush seals around the window framing due to age; they are leaking hot air from outside and dust coming in; Any recommendation where to fix this.

regards,

·
Registered
86 Posts
my sliding window in the my 2BHD have worn brush seals around the window framing due to age; they are leaking hot air from outside and dust coming in; Any recommendation where to fix this.

regards,
You can buy these weather strips at Ace, but it can be tricky replacing the strips from the window while it's in the frame, you need patience and a tool to push the strip into the channel.

You should be able to get a general contractor to fix it, and depending on where you live, and what floor you're on, you have to take all safety precautions if they're gonna pop the window off and then reinstall; or even if they'll just do the stripping for you.

Put your safety first. If you can't be bothered, you can buy the foam sticky strips to temporarily seal the gap, but clean the frame well before you try to stick them on, otherwise they'll just fall right off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts