Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was international student in Australia.

Well I completed my 1.5 years master degree in early 2014 from Australia.

After that I return to my home country for some reasons.

Now,if I go back to Australia again in student visa for any 6 or more months course, will it fulfill the "2 years course in Australia" requirement of PR points and TR(485)?

Can I apply for TR after 6 months since in total my courses in Australia will be more than 2 years?(2 degrees in total).

I have heard some doing so, continuing another degree straight away but since I returned,how my case will be considered?

any idea,any one?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
291 Posts
I think yes , since the duration is more important
But i would like the senior member to weigh in on this..Cheers!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I think yes , since the duration is more important
But i would like the senior member to weigh in on this..Cheers!!!
Thank you. Hope Senior members can put more light on it. Or if there is any catch.
I am planning to take just another 6 months degree and apply for TR(485) or PR if it is allowed.
(mind you I am not in Australia now and will have to apply for student visa again,last degree completed was 1.5 years ago)

And any other possible options for me(considering my case)?

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thank you. Hope Senior members can put more light on it. Or if there is any catch.
I am planning to take just another 6 months degree and apply for TR(485) or PR if it is allowed.
(mind you I am not in Australia now and will have to apply for student visa again,last degree completed was 1.5 years ago)

Why not directly apply for PR??

·
Registered
175 Posts

Check out this link Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) go to points test tab and click on Australian Study requirement

·
Registered
291 Posts
offshore PR processing taking quite long and if i study will be chance to upgrade-update myself as well.
Well , the course will take 6 months too and you cannot apply before it finishes.
So if the course is not important and can be done later , then why not.
PR processing will take roughly the same time provided you have good points for skill select.

And of course , the fees will reduce if you take the course as a PR...Just my thought :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Check out this link go to points test tab and click on Australian Study requirement
Thanks
I think it is YES(Correct me if I am wrong) and also it doesn't say any thing if both course need to be in same faculty.

From official website these are highlights:

You can receive five points if you have completed one or more degrees, diplomas or trade qualifications for award through a course or courses taken at an Australian educational institution.

Two academic years of study is defined as 92 weeks of study in a course or courses registered by CRICOS.

The 92 weeks of study could contribute towards the award of one of more acceptable qualifications. In this instance, the courses of study need not have been done within a 24-month period. It is possible to have a break between completing the first course and beginning the second.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Forum members.

I would like have your opinion about my Australian study requirement to claim 5 points.

I completed a four year course but I had exemption for 9 subjects.
Registered course duration was 200 weeks.

My questions is that would I be able to claim 5 points for Australian study requirement although my study load had been in the first three years not 100%.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts