Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've seen on websites that in the future will they ever change the £18600 to £13000 a year for fiance visa & spouse visa

I only earn £13100a year with both jobs that I have plus I have savings in the bank

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, that was the speculation at that time but since then the government has appealed against the High Court judgment and stated in parliament last month they have absolutely no plan to lower the financial requirement.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's not a decision but a statement of intention. So the government is prepared to fight tooth and nail to maintain £18,600 (possibly uprated with inflation) all the way to the Supreme Court, and then Europe.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh my goodness the whole thing is abit crazy,

You my girlfriend is Veneuzelan we have talk about getting married and applying for a fiance visa for uk, as I only earn £13100 a year from both jobs. it leaves abit unfair for people who don't earn £18600 a year

·
Registered
585 Posts
Oh my goodness the whole thing is abit crazy,

You my girlfriend is Veneuzelan we have talk about getting married and applying for a fiance visa for uk, as I only earn £13100 a year from both jobs. it leaves abit unfair for people who don't earn £18600 a year
Nothings ever fair in this world I suppose you can provide between 26,000+ worth of savings to use a shortfall of your income but realistic some people just don't have that amount of savings

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi sel how are you ??

I do have some savings but its not £26 grand I have about £16 grand at the moment but its still short

·
Registered
585 Posts
Hi sel how are you ??

I do have some savings but its not £26 grand I have about £16 grand at the moment but its still short
I'm great thanks, yourself?

The only option is to wait work longer save up that's my only way to meet my own shortfall, fingers crossed XD

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm grand thanks sel :)

So if I can save up £26 grand and put my £13100 a year together would that help?

I'm all new to this sel it's sort of hard to understand the whole ins & outs if you know what I mean

Any help would most greatful

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Dual British/Irish national cannot use EEA route.

For financial requirement you need £29,750 in savings (kept at that level for 6 months) plus your salary of £13,100

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Joppa how are you??

Thank you for the adicve

I only have a British passport not a Irish passport I know people who are in Northern Ireland can apply for a Irish passport

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
All I'm saying is for bringing your partner to UK, taking out Irish nationality offers no advantage.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Joppa it means a lot for the advice I am most great full :)

I hope I wasn't being rude and I respect everything you do this site

Thank you again Joppa

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.