Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read the policy consulation paper on DIBP website
The submission will be due on Sep 15th. Does it mean that soon after Sep 15, the invitation or PR will be affected?
Thoughs?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I just read the policy consulation paper on DIBP website
The submission will be due on Sep 15th. Does it mean that soon after Sep 15, the invitation or PR will be affected?
Thoughs?
This can affect potential VISA applicants but not those who already have got or applied for PR.

Reactions: commie_rick

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long do you think it will take to implement? Do you think this is the reason why 17-18 occupation ceiling is still unavailable?

·
Registered
770 Posts
How long do you think it will take to implement? Do you think this is the reason why 17-18 occupation ceiling is still unavailable?
As per many agents, Ceilings will be released before this invitation round.
Visa simplification may affect future applicants but current applications will not be affected. Hence, dnt worry.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Delay in occupation ceiling is normal and no way related to any future implementations. Occupations list will be released today or tomorrow in my opinion. The new arrangements will take another one and a half year or more to fully implement.

·
Registered
101 Posts
What about people who have already logged thei EOI but haven't received an invitation yet?

Do you think that they can be affected by new process?

I am wondering if I can be invited before new process is implemented. I've applied EOI for 261312 (Developer Programmer) 65 (189) points and 70 (19). EOI date of effect: 16-06-2017.

What do you think?

·
Registered
44 Posts
What about people who have already logged thei EOI but haven't received an invitation yet?

I am wondering if I can be invited before new process is implemented. I've applied EOI for 261312 (Developer Programmer) 65 (189) points and 70 (19). EOI date of effect: 16-06-2017.

What do you think?
I personally believe lodging EOI doesn't guarantee you anything.

Visa application lodgement after invitation is more likely to shield you from any immigration policy changes.

My own thoughts anyway.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I personally believe lodging EOI doesn't guarantee you anything.

Visa application lodgement after invitation is more likely to shield you from any immigration policy changes.

My own thoughts anyway.
You are absolutely right.

What do you think?
You are not secured until you have applied for VISA. Rather nobody is secure in my opinion as this government has brought and is bringing major changes to VISA and migration system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts