Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

First of all, i would like to extend my greetings to everyone in this forum. I am a new user in terms of my registration to this forum, but I have been a regular follower and have found very valuable information here, that prompted me to join.

Coming to my question:

I have applied for the Visa sub class 175. On 11-April, i was asked by my case officer to submit medicals, PCC and FBI clearance. I have submitted the first two and the DIAC tracking shows them as received. My question is that whether the Visa can be granted without the FBI clearance. i read on other portals that FBI clearance takes almost 13 weeks. I stayed in US for a cumulative of 18 months, the maximum single stay being 8 months.

Please let me know your valuable feedback.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello All,

First of all, i would like to extend my greetings to everyone in this forum. I am a new user in terms of my registration to this forum, but I have been a regular follower and have found very valuable information here, that prompted me to join.

Coming to my question:

I have applied for the Visa sub class 175. On 11-April, i was asked by my case officer to submit medicals, PCC and FBI clearance. I have submitted the first two and the DIAC tracking shows them as received. My question is that whether the Visa can be granted without the FBI clearance. i read on other portals that FBI clearance takes almost 13 weeks. I stayed in US for a cumulative of 18 months, the maximum single stay being 8 months.

In all possibility DIAC will wait to get FBI Clarence as well since you have mentioned USA as one the countries that you have lived in the last 10 years. If you are outside USA you should get your FBI clearence in 10 weeks time if you're within USA it takes 8 takes.

Btw did you apply for 175 in April 2011? When was CO assigned to you?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In all possibility DIAC will wait to get FBI Clarence as well since you have mentioned USA as one the countries that you have lived in the last 10 years. If you are outside USA you should get your FBI clearence in 10 weeks time if you're within USA it takes 8 takes.

Btw did you apply for 175 in April 2011? When was CO assigned to you?
Thank you for the response Sanjukta. I had applied online for Visa 175 in October 2011. I got a case officer assigned sometime around 11 April. Thats when the status of my application changed to 'Application being processed further'.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thank you for the response Sanjukta. I had applied online for Visa 175 in October 2011. I got a case officer assigned sometime around 11 April. Thats when the status of my application changed to 'Application being processed further'.
PCCs are required for any country where accumulative stay is more than 12 months in last 10 years

After you status changed to ABPF on 11th April, did you get any email from CO?Whether you online status also shows 'email sent to you'.Please let me know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PCCs are required for any country where accumulative stay is more than 12 months in last 10 years

After you status changed to ABPF on 11th April, did you get any email from CO?Whether you online status also shows 'email sent to you'.Please let me know.
Yes. The status update had 'email sent to you'. I received email from CO on the 11 April asking to submit Medicals, PCC from India and FBI clearance from USA. I submitted PCC by 13 April and medicals by 23 April. I also submitted evidence that I have applied for FBI clearance by 18 April.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yes. The status update had 'email sent to you'. I received email from CO on the 11 April asking to submit Medicals, PCC from India and FBI clearance from USA. I submitted PCC by 13 April and medicals by 23 April. I also submitted evidence that I have applied for FBI clearance by 18 April.
Thanks.I am yet to get that email though I want that email as late as possible sometime late in May.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Your visa will not be granted without the FBI clearance...

Hello All,

Coming to my question:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am in similar situation, I am awaiting for FBI clearance.. I have also provided my credit card info while posting my request to FBI and card is not yet charged and I am worried as I have sent the courrier from India on 8 aug'12, more than a month now.. and don't know if they have even got my request or not..

how did u all confirm that FBI has received your request or is in process for ur Pcc? Is the result/PCC letter sent by email from FBI?

pls help!

:confused2:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am in similar situation, I am awaiting for FBI clearance.. I have also provided my credit card info while posting my request to FBI and card is not yet charged and I am worried as I have sent the courrier from India on 8 aug'12, more than a month now.. and don't know if they have even got my request or not..

how did u all confirm that FBI has received your request or is in process for ur Pcc? Is the result/PCC letter sent by email from FBI?

pls help!

:confused2:
Hi folks .. Please respond if you know any details on this topic..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi folks .. Please respond if you know any details on this topic..
For verifying if the FBI has received your courier, please track the status of the courier. Usually it takes 3 weeks from the week of receiving to charge your credit card.

Once the card is charged you may get the report delivered at your address within the next 3-4 weeks. The FBI does not have the option to send the document by email. It is always sent back by normal snail mail/ or the FEDEX if you had enclosed a fedex account for return.

Call the FBI helpline to keep track of your application. They are very helpful and will provide you with the update on the current status.

Hope this answers your query.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.