Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have lodged a 189 visa under Mechanical engineer quota and I have a question regarding the work experience criteria.

Although I have passed the skill assessment via Engineers Australia, I'm a recent graduate and I claimed 0 point for relevant work experience.

Under form 80, work experience section, I have wrote down that I have never worked.

Will my visa application rejected due to this? have anyone got visa granted within same case scenario?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi,

I have lodged a 189 visa under Mechanical engineer quota and I have a question regarding the work experience criteria.

Although I have passed the skill assessment via Engineers Australia, I'm a recent graduate and I claimed 0 point for relevant work experience.

Under form 80, work experience section, I have wrote down that I have never worked.

Will my visa application rejected due to this? have anyone got visa granted within same case scenario?
Form 80 asks you to disclose everything you have done in your life irrespective of whether you claiming points or not. I had to mention each volunteer work I did and it filled up 2-3 extra pages.

I can't tell if that would be a problem or not, but for anyone thinking the same, Form 80 & 1221 is used in various other visas and not limited to 189 and 190.

Not giving info is hiding and lying. And these could lead to visa refusal and even if visa is granted, your visa can be cancelled in future as said in PR visa terms and conditions.

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Work experience is not a requirement to apply for 189, so your application will definitely not be rejected for that reason.
Work experience and Form 80 & 1221 are two separate things. Form 80 & 1221 are used in various visas and not exclusive to 189 and 190.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Form 80 asks you to disclose everything you have done in your life irrespective of whether you claiming points or not. I had to mention each volunteer work I did and it filled up 2-3 extra pages.

I can't tell if that would be a problem or not, but for anyone thinking the same, Form 80 & 1221 is used in various other visas and not limited to 189 and 190.

Not giving info is hiding and lying. And these could lead to visa refusal and even if visa is granted, your visa can be cancelled in future as said in PR visa terms and conditions.
Reading this, I am worried now. Hahaha

I did some data entry part time jobs during my 1 month semester breaks. do I have to insert that as well?

And since we are on the subject, was wondering. We have to fill in the additional information in the last page, but not enough space for everything they asked under the occupation section. DO you still fill according to that, or just fill in period and what job you did?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Reading this, I am worried now. Hahaha

I did some data entry part time jobs during my 1 month semester breaks. do I have to insert that as well?

And since we are on the subject, was wondering. We have to fill in the additional information in the last page, but not enough space for everything they asked under the occupation section. DO you still fill according to that, or just fill in period and what job you did?
You can attach as many extra pages as you like and then merge with the pdf to make it a single pdf. So, you can give all the info as you like. So, no issue about space.

Usually Form 80 asks you to disclose everything and I guess if you have mentioned a lot of work/volunteering, then it should be fine. People have missed some and got visa, but not giving anything seems kind of odd.

And lastly, if your 1 month job isn't paid through bank and also not mentioned in tax, you can skip it as no one can verify that work. And for 1 month work, I can understand its an honest mistake (you forgot most likely even if CO asks - which is very unlikely), so I don't see much too worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts