Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'll have 2 fairly new LCD tv's I want to bring to the UK from NZ - Does anyone know if they will work?

Cheers,

Nigel

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I'll have 2 fairly new LCD tv's I want to bring to the UK from NZ - Does anyone know if they will work?
There shouldn't be any problem with pictures (such as connecting them to a DVD player), but the only question is whether it can handle digital terrestrial broadcast called Freeview (nothing to do with Freeview NZ). They are on similar technical specifications, DVB-T, but there are subtle differences which can cause trouble. But you can easily attach a Freeview set-top box (costs from under £20) if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Joppa.

There shouldn't be any problem with pictures (such as connecting them to a DVD player), but the only question is whether it can handle digital terrestrial broadcast called Freeview (nothing to do with Freeview NZ). They are on similar technical specifications, DVB-T, but there are subtle differences which can cause trouble. But you can easily attach a Freeview set-top box (costs from under £20) if it doesn't work.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Dont forget the power plug. UK uses the big chunky type - you may need an adaptor.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.