Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Would be very kind of you to help me with my query.
I have a B.Sc. Engineering degree on EEE (3.24 out of 4), and Also EMBA on MIS (3.32 out of 4); I also have 4.5 years job experience in telecom sector and 1 year job experience as an adjunct Business Lecturer.
1. What would be better for me, applying for PR (subclass 186) or going as a student ( either MBA or DBA)?
2. Should i get general IELTs or IELTs for education?

Best Regards,
Nusrat

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Hello,
Would be very kind of you to help me with my query.
I have a B.Sc. Engineering degree on EEE (3.24 out of 4), and Also EMBA on MIS (3.32 out of 4); I also have 4.5 years job experience in telecom sector and 1 year job experience as an adjunct Business Lecturer.
1. What would be better for me, applying for PR (subclass 186) or going as a student ( either MBA or DBA)?

I suggest go with SC 189
2. Should i get general IELTs or IELTs for education?
For studies-Academic
For PR- General

Best Regards,
Nusrat
Answered

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Can you share the link

Am not aware
DIBP didn't mention that you need to get General or Academic but IELTS so, that means both are fine.

Plus one guy in expatforum got it with Academic 2-3 days ago. You may search and find him.

Reactions: Nusrat Jahan

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
DIBP didn't mention that you need to get General or Academic but IELTS so, that means both are fine.

Plus one guy in expatforum got it with Academic 2-3 days ago. You may search and find him.

I asked you to provide an official link in DIBP where it was published that any version of IELTS is acceptable for GSM.

I just wanted to know, may be I did not see that

That one guy is offshore?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
I asked you to provide an official link in DIBP where it was published that any version of IELTS is acceptable for GSM.

DIBP said IELTS. You show me where it says only General is accepted. Things changes and as I have seen many members are saying same too.

Edit: I know only General used to be mentioned before but now there is no such mention of it but IELTS.

·
Registered
23,944 Posts
It's not an assumption

Acceptable English Tests

The IELTS test is the most common way of evidencing English language ability. Either the Academic or General Training versions of the test are acceptable to the Department of Immigration, but some skills assessing authorities require applicants to sit the Academic version. You will need to obtain a minimum score in each band of the IELTS (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) in a single sitting.

https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-english.php

You are flogging a dead horse

Cheers

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...neral-academic-189-subclass.html#post12280169

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...c-skilled-immigration-visa-6.html#post4400762

Plus this thread: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...749762-ielts-academic-acceptable-189-a-2.html

Can't find the one with the guy in May 2017 saying he got it.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
It's not an assumption

Acceptable English Tests

The IELTS test is the most common way of evidencing English language ability. Either the Academic or General Training versions of the test are acceptable to the Department of Immigration, but some skills assessing authorities require applicants to sit the Academic version. You will need to obtain a minimum score in each band of the IELTS (Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking) in a single sitting.

https://www.acacia-au.com/skilled-english.php

You are flogging a dead horse

Cheers

I think you know AUS,NZ,CAN and UK specify MUST write General for Migration

and Only Academic for Higher studies and Professional registrations.

Still in doubt, check with DIBP, send an enquiry.

To be honest, I do not ever bother what ppl say unless I do my research because I do not like to assume anything when it comes to DIBP or any immigration as if I am an omniscient.

Did you even browse the sites I posted!

·
Registered
23,944 Posts

To be honest, I do not ever bother what ppl say unless I do my research because I do not like to assume anything when it comes to DIBP or any immigration as if I am an omniscient.

Good for you
Remain firm and don't bother
All other members and MARA agents are wrong.
Only you are right

I have not appeared for IELTS nor do I intend to
The OP will take a decision based on the comments made by various members what he has to do

Cheers

·
Registered
550 Posts
How about me for SC 189:

Citizenship: India

Qualification:

B.Tech (2005-2009) - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
MBA (2015-2016) - General Management

Experience:
In total, I have 6 years 7 months of experience in IT sector till date.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Good for you

Remain firm and don't bother

All other members and MARA agents are wrong.

Only you are right

I have not appeared for IELTS nor do I intend to

The OP will take a decision based on the comments made by various members what he has to do

Cheers

I did not say MARA agents are wrong, I did not even mention that.

Above all, I have no idea how many MARA Agents told you this.

I am not remaining firm or whatever out of rage.

Giving the correct information in lieu of eager to post and assume things because it deals with lives and money.

So better, when advising someone, advisor should be full aware of things

In this regard, I think Am absolutely right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts

Requirement for Immigration purpose is IELTS General
Requirement for Study is IELTS Academic

You are right in your understanding, it clearly states the purpose of each ielts version.

IELTS academic is more harder than IELTS general, so not sure why people would want to opt in academic version for immigration. Also IELTS general is not accepted for study purpose :D

It's just common sense but again common sense is not so common.

Reactions: JP Mosa

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
How about me for SC 189:

Citizenship: India

Qualification:

B.Tech (2005-2009) - Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
MBA (2015-2016) - General Management

Experience:
In total, I have 6 years 7 months of experience in IT sector till date.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Electrical engineering draftsperson 312311 Engineers Australia

Electrical engineering technician 312312 TRA

If the above two occupation sounds like something related to your degree, you can chose to get assessed in them.

https://www.engineersaustralia.org.au/sites/default/files/resource-files/2017-03/MSA Booklet.pdf

Home Page

But since you worked in IT, you can also get assessed by ACS for ICT Occupation but if your degree is non related or minor,then you may lose 6 to 4 years.

https://more.acs.org.au/__data/asse...ills-Assessment-Guidelines-for-Applicants.pdf

Ask here: http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...neer-australia-processing-time-frame-641.html

·
Registered
4,230 Posts

You are right in your understanding, it clearly states the purpose of each ielts version.

IELTS academic is more harder than IELTS general, so not sure why people would want to opt in academic version for immigration. Also IELTS general is not accepted for study purpose :D

Usually people first do Academic for Skills Assessment. So, they see no point in doing the test again and use the Academic for immigration.

Reactions: Nusrat Jahan

·
Registered
1,574 Posts

I concur mate what you said about CS

Problem comes when ppl confuse with PTE-A

Anyways, glad that at least some ppl are aware of this

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 35 Posts