Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Seniors who granted visa, please help!

As of now I scanned and uploaded all required documents into my 189 visa application, went through medicals and just waiting...

Now I decided also to apply to Canada's skilled worker program, but they ask only originals of documents (which are mostly same to requested by DIAC).

Question: What if I send all my original papers (IELTS, PCCs, Reference letters etc) to CAnada? Will Australian DIAC ever ask for originals?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they can, not often but if their is a query regarding how authentic they may be they will want to see them.
Thanks Shel for your help.

Though it made me sad as I hoped also to apply to Canada before December when I turn 40 (((

G

·
I cant say I have seen anyone post saying they want them, but it can happen. But why apply to Australia if you want to go to Canada? Having 2 PR is expensive and useless as one will expire if you do not live there!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant say I have seen anyone post saying they want them, but it can happen. But why apply to Australia if you want to go to Canada? Having 2 PR is expensive and useless as one will expire if you do not live there!
The intention is to go out of my country at first place ;)

I want to go Australia but two things planted a seed of doubt - racism and real estate prices.

In Canada there is less racism and cheaper houses.

Reactions: v_yadav
G

·
No sure about the racism, have you seen how they treat their first nations people? But yes houses are cheaper definitely.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have you seen how they treat their first nations people?
Do you mean that they treat aboriginals bad or good?

Accidently I read a few articles in internent about how Australia is racist. They are very discouraging.

And if you search "racism in Australia" in youtube you will be shocked by a number of footages of racism violence.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Do you mean that they treat aboriginals bad or good? Accidently I read a few articles in internent about how Australia is racist. They are very discouraging. And if you search "racism in Australia" in youtube you will be shocked by a number of footages of racism violence.
I'm from Canada and can tell you that I find both countries to be comparatively similar in terms of racism. I just think Australia hasn't been able to hide it as well, that's all.

As for aboriginals they are treated very poorly as in Canada. It's awful really.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
No sure about the racism, have you seen how they treat their first nations people? But yes houses are cheaper definitely.
Houses are definitely cheaper as well as larger and generally better quality. (For some reason Aussies don't believe in the need for central heating!)

G

·
Do you mean that they treat aboriginals bad or good?

Accidently I read a few articles in internent about how Australia is racist. They are very discouraging.

And if you search "racism in Australia" in youtube you will be shocked by a number of footages of racism violence.
They treat them terribly, just as Australia does/did their aboriginals, much of which in both countries is ignored or agreed with by many which in turn shapes views of all other non native people.

Anyone can put anything up on YouTube that does not make it indicative of daily life for every ethnic minority in such a large country. Just like any review site you will find plenty of bad reviews, even bordering on slanderous in some cases about any company, product, country or individual you can think of. You wont find that many positive reviews because people only do such when they have something bad to say or an axe to grind.
How interested were you to search for and watch clips of non racist activities? Not very I'm guessing and would imagine they would be hard to find as they dont bring about interesting 'entertainment' o the masses.

My mother in law is Sri Lankan, in her 60s and has lived in Australia since she was in her 20s, she has not experienced racism of any significance that makes her want to leave, makes her fearful or wary of going out alone.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
They treat them terribly, just as Australia does/did their aboriginals, much of which in both countries is ignored or agreed with by many which in turn shapes views of all other non native people. Anyone can put anything up on YouTube that does not make it indicative of daily life for every ethnic minority in such a large country. Just like any review site you will find plenty of bad reviews, even bordering on slanderous in some cases about any company, product, country or individual you can think of. You wont find that many positive reviews because people only do such when they have something bad to say or an axe to grind. How interested were you to search for and watch clips of non racist activities? Not very I'm guessing and would imagine they would be hard to find as they dont bring about interesting 'entertainment' o the masses. My mother in law is Sri Lankan, in her 60s and has lived in Australia since she was in her 20s, she has not experienced racism of any significance that makes her want to leave, makes her fearful or wary of going out alone.
Agreed. It might be the fact that I live in inner city Melbourne and work in a very left leaning organisation but I have found this city to be extremely tolerant and welcoming of people of various cultures and backgrounds. More so than other places I've lived for sure. Aussies have a very strong sense of individuality and giving people a fair go regardless of where they're from. It's not perfect but no place is. I don't think you should let any perceived notion of Australians being racist, likely coloured by the huge amount of media coverage on the topic, give you pause. Like all things, your perception is probably coloured by the emphasis on a few very isolated incidents that have been blown out of proportion by the media.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Anyone can put anything up on YouTube that does not make it indicative of daily life for every ethnic minority in such a large country. Just like any review site you will find plenty of bad reviews, even bordering on slanderous in some cases about any company, product, country or individual you can think of. You wont find that many positive reviews because people only do such when they have something bad to say or an axe to grind.
How interested were you to search for and watch clips of non racist activities? Not very I'm guessing and would imagine they would be hard to find as they dont bring about interesting 'entertainment' o the masses.

My mother in law is Sri Lankan, in her 60s and has lived in Australia since she was in her 20s, she has not experienced racism of any significance that makes her want to leave, makes her fearful or wary of going out alone.
Thank you for encouragement. :)

I am just a little guy from a third world country looking for a better life. And I guess I am a little too naive thinking that my better life is far away on other side of the world. People can be racist, aboriginals are discriminated - this is not correspondig with my sweat picture of Australia.

As for me, I am too old :rolleyes: and can stay home, I just thought this is my duty to ensure my kid's bright future. But I really dont want my little girl to be teased or abused for looking different. :(

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Thank you for encouragement. :) I am just a little guy from a third world country looking for a better life. And I guess I am a little too naive thinking that my better life is far away on other side of the world. People can be racist, aboriginals are discriminated - this is not correspondig with my sweat picture of Australia. As for me, I am too old :rolleyes: and can stay home, I just thought this is my duty to ensure my kid's bright future. But I really dont want my little girl to be teased or abused for looking different. :(
Unfortunately that can happen anywhere whether she is on the playground of a school in Mumbai or Melbourne. While I think Australia is a great country it has its faults just like any other place in the world. Nowhere is perfect and if you go into this move thinking that it is, you will be sorely disappointed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts