Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

The July 2010 SOL was announced in May 2010. The July 2011 SOL was announced on June 6, 2011. So I suppose the July 12 SOL will be announced in late May/ early June as well.

Does anyone have any idea if DIAC went on to accept applications right up to 30 June 2010/2011 or there was some cutoff date from which they stopped accepting Applications? Do you think there will be some cut-off date (before July 1)announced beyond which no applications will be accepted?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Hi all,

The July 2010 SOL was announced in May 2010. The July 2011 SOL was announced on June 6, 2011. So I suppose the July 12 SOL will be announced in late May/ early June as well.

Does anyone have any idea if DIAC went on to accept applications right up to 30 June 2010/2011 or there was some cutoff date from which they stopped accepting Applications? Do you think there will be some cut-off date (before July 1)announced beyond which no applications will be accepted?
The current SOL and points based system should be valid till midnight 30th June 2012.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
atsurti said:
The current SOL and points based system should be valid till midnight 30th June 2012.
Right, Atsurti. My query was whether they will stop accepting applications much before 30th June.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum

·
Registered
353 Posts
Right, Atsurti. My query was whether they will stop accepting applications much before 30th June.

Sent from my iPad using ExpatForum
No no... that is most unlikely of Australian govt.

·
Registered
630 Posts
DIAC hasn't hinted the least bit about any cut off date so far, so i highly doubt it. 30th June seems to be the last day, even Vic SS for example talks about 30 June as the last day to apply to DIAC under the current system.

It actually makes sense since DIAC won't be processing post July 2012 applicants until 6 months later.

·
Registered
274 Posts
DIAC hasn't hinted the least bit about any cut off date so far, so i highly doubt it. 30th June seems to be the last day, even Vic SS for example talks about 30 June as the last day to apply to DIAC under the current system.

It actually makes sense since DIAC won't be processing post July 2012 applicants until 6 months later.
Really? Does that mean if I apply after 1st July 2012 then DIAC will not start working on that until 6 months i.e. till Dec2012- Jan 2013, even though if it's State sponsored application?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yup,you are rite...
QLD is probably the first state to have officially announced this...
I guess more will follow shortly....

According to

www workliveplay qld gov au/dsdweb/v4/apps/web/content.cfm?id=4021

The cut off date is in fact MAY 25th

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hi ;
Even I have read somewhere that DIAC will be processing the post July'12 applications after 6 months..I am not able to find the source of this news..A lot of ppl over here are anxious to know this...
will be good if you can put up the source...

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I think there's a huge inrush of applications at all levels : Skills Assessment, State Sponsorship and the actual visa application..
VETASSES has suspended the Advisory Service for General Occupations until July'12 due to the large number of applications they have received...(note : suspension of the advisory service itself doesnt mean that applications are not being accepted by VETASSES;but it does show that they are not being able to cope up with this high in-rush of applications)

Advisory Service ? General Occupations

all these pointers are an ominous sign that a cut-off date might be announced..It might not come from DIAC directly but State sponsorships,skills assessments might get affected which will directly affect applicants ....

·
Registered
267 Posts
According to

This cut-off date is for QLD state sponsorship application ONLY, not for DIAC.

·
Registered
270 Posts
According to

What I have understood is that 25th May deadline is for Queensland State Sponsorship applications only and doesn't apply to DIAC directly.

I personally don't think that DIAC will stop accepting applications before 30th June 2012 because ACS has mentioned on their site that:

"All ICT Skills Assessment applications submitted to the ACS before 27 April 2012 that are decision ready will be guaranteed to receive a result letter before 1 July 2012."
Source: ACS (Australian Computer Society) - ACS News

It clearly says that applicant will surely get result letter before July 1st if they apply by April 27th. So it means that applicant will be able to apply any time before July 1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.