Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am Dhana and am new to expat forum, I would like to apply Australian PR. I did Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical and working in IT industry for the past 8.3 years. Out of my total experience, 15 months I worked in Australia and remaining in India. I started my career in May 2009, I applied ACS and received the response stating my experience will be counted from June 2015(they deducted 6 years as am from Mechanical background).

My question : Is that 15 months which I worked in Australia will be considered for PR points? Because My Australian experience started from Oct 2014 - Dec 2015. But as per the ACS evaluation my experience counted from June 2015. Hope am clear in my explanation. If someone knows about this can you please advise?

Best Regards,
Dhana

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
Hi Dhana

Unfortunately only experience from June 2015 can count towards points irrespective of whether it was Australian or overseas. So the way I see it, your Australian experience does not give you any points. To make matters worse, it will not be added to the the rest of the experience to be considered towards points in the overseas category either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dhana

Unfortunately only experience from June 2015 can count towards points irrespective of whether it was Australian or overseas. So the way I see it, your Australian experience does not give you any points. To make matters worse, it will not be added to the the rest of the experience to be considered towards points in the overseas category either.
Hi KeeDa,

Thanks for your response. Now currently am having 7 months of Australian experience after ACS deduction. Assume am getting another 5 months Australian experience, in that case can I able to claim 5 points? I mean to ask here is whether the 12 months stint is Australia to be continuous or it can be splitted. Thanks in advance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts