Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm adding my mother to the application. She has non-functional english standards. I'm supposed to submit a letter or some declaration saying I'm willing to pay second installment, as need be. May I pls know as if there is a defined form on which I shall make this clarification or shall I submit an affidavit or what?
What is the cost of the second installment?
Its a 189 with mother as dependent.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Fees and charges for visas

12a For applicants who have turned 18 at the time of application and who are assessed as not having functional English the second instalment is $4885. For any other applicant, the second instalment is nil.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've submitted the EoI and got the invite. My mother was included in the EoI I filled as dependent. Now, while lodging the application I came across this non functional English second installment. I'm preparing the documents alongside and will lodge the Visa application with first installment in 2-3 days.
Anyways, it's 12a that I need to go right now, showing my willingness to pay second installment for her non functional English.
Just lodge the Visa with all the required docs and 1st Installment. You don't have to attach any declaration or forms to inform them your willingness to pay 2nd installment (called VAC2) in lieu of your mother's non-functional English.

When CO gets your case, he will himself ask you for proof of your Mother's English OR your willingness to pay VAC2. Once you confirm him your willingness to pay VAC2 then CO will generate an Invoice from his end and mail to you for paying it online at aus post website. You cannot pay VAC2 unless CO generates the invoice.

Hope this helps..
Good luck with your application.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Hi,
I'm adding my mother to the application. She has non-functional english standards. I'm supposed to submit a letter or some declaration saying I'm willing to pay second installment, as need be. May I pls know as if there is a defined form on which I shall make this clarification or shall I submit an affidavit or what?
What is the cost of the second installment?
Its a 189 with mother as dependent.
Hi there,

May i ask you about adding mother to visa 189.... What sort of proof is required to show that she is dependent ... My father passed away 4 years ago ... my mother is living with me ... is it possible to add her in my application along with my wife and provide my father death certificate as a proof ... would that be enough? ... Also, will it affect my visa approval chances ...?...

Your help will be appreciated...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Hi there,

May i ask you about adding mother to visa 189.... What sort of proof is required to show that she is dependent ... My father passed away 4 years ago ... my mother is living with me ... is it possible to add her in my application along with my wife and provide my father death certificate as a proof ... would that be enough? ... Also, will it affect my visa approval chances ...?...

Your help will be appreciated...
if you lodged already you cannot add your mother. Did you lodge?

·
Registered
528 Posts
if you lodged already you cannot add your mother. Did you lodge?
Thank you for your quick reply....

No, not yet ... I've submitted my EOI ... with only 1 no of dependent ..i-e my wife ... but i can still change it because I'vent received the invite yet ...

I am thinking about the options ... my mother doesnt want to go there right away but I've heard that Parent visa 103 takes ridiculously long time ... so i can either include in my application or visitor visa is always an option .... any suggestions will be appreciated....

Reactions: naveedahmed1983

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well ... shes around 60 yo and in good health other than being diabetic ... is that considered serious? ...

·
Registered
528 Posts
is her diabetes medicine-controlled?

did it cause any end-organ damage? (retina, kidneys, liver, heart, circulatory systme) ?
Yes it is controlled ... she takes medicine ... kepts her diet in check and exercise...... no, nothing damaged i guess .. but she had a minor operation of her hands as her nerves got blocked and fingers got swelled ...

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Another question if i may ask you pls ...

Although i am planning way ahead of time ... but it helps ...

My wife got pregnant recently and expected delivery is in January ... Now, how shall i proceed with my case... As i'vent lodged the application yet .... Hoping to submit by the mid of June provide i get the invite during 12 June round ....

I am thinking about loading PCC and Medicals upfront in order to get the grant before Jan 2016 ... how can i get medical of my wife before allocation of CO? ... I've read that you have to tell the condition to CO and he will exempt chest X ray upon taking statuary declaration... SO, do i have to wait for CO allocation for wifes medical or can do it before ...

Can you pls elaborate the process...Much appreciated....

Don't frontload PCCs and Meds, ask for them to be deferred based on pregnancy

No X-Ray exemption for Pakistanis as Pakistan is a high TB risk country

·
Registered
528 Posts
Don't frontload PCCs and Meds, ask for them to be deferred based on pregnancy

No X-Ray exemption for Pakistanis as Pakistan is a high TB risk country
Thanks TheExpatriate ...

So, in short, i guess i wont add my mother to the application as she isnt interested too and her health could be an issue.

Also, for my wife's condition. I will wait for my CO to ask for the PCC and Medical and then i will inform him about my wife's condition ....What happens next ... CO will defer my wife's medical post delivery and grant the visa? ... OR i i will have to wait until the baby birth ... do wifes and baby medical .... add baby in the application by paying fee and then get the grant?....

Thanking you in advance ....

·
Registered
528 Posts
Thanks TheExpatriate ...

So, in short, i guess i wont add my mother to the application as she isnt interested too and her health could be an issue.

Also, for my wife's condition. I will wait for my CO to ask for the PCC and Medical and then i will inform him about my wife's condition ....What happens next ... CO will defer my wife's medical post delivery and grant the visa? ... OR i i will have to wait until the baby birth ... do wifes and baby medical .... add baby in the application by paying fee and then get the grant?....

Thanking you in advance ....
After doing some research on the forums ... I came to know about two possible soultions ...

1- Inform CO about the pregnancy and hold medicals until baby is born .... Once baby is born, submit form 1022, baby passport and birth certificate ... add him in the application .... and wait for PR to be granted ...

2- Go ahead with the X-ray at your own risk ... if lucky then you will get the visa grant before baby is born ... deliver baby in Australia and he will be a aussie citizen...

Thank you for your valuable advise.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
1 more thing, my mother was diagnosed with brest cancer in 2006. She is perfectly cured and is on NO medication for the same since 2011. Could this be a reason for VISA rejection for both of us? Her doctor is pretty confident that this should not be a problem, but that doctor is not into immigration medicals, so am worried after seeing one of the posts on this ongoing topic. Pls help.
Also, I understand it's form 12a to pay for noon function English. In the document checklist for lodging a visa application, it says I need to put a note saying am willing to pay second installment for noon functional English. How shall that note be - am affidavit / statuary declaration, is some other defined format?

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
After doing some research on the forums ... I came to know about two possible soultions ...

1- Inform CO about the pregnancy and hold medicals until baby is born .... Once baby is born, submit form 1022, baby passport and birth certificate ... add him in the application .... and wait for PR to be granted ...

2- Go ahead with the X-ray at your own risk ... if lucky then you will get the visa grant before baby is born ... deliver baby in Australia and he will be a aussie citizen...

Thank you for your valuable advise.....

I'd say better wait for the baby to be born then do the X-Ray and add the baby

Option 2 is a bit risky in case u get the visa too late (very few weeks before due date)

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
1 more thing, my mother was diagnosed with brest cancer in 2006. She is perfectly cured and is on NO medication for the same since 2011. Could this be a reason for VISA rejection for both of us? Her doctor is pretty confident that this should not be a problem, but that doctor is not into immigration medicals, so am worried after seeing one of the posts on this ongoing topic. Pls help.
Also, I understand it's form 12a to pay for noon function English. In the document checklist for lodging a visa application, it says I need to put a note saying am willing to pay second installment for noon functional English. How shall that note be - am affidavit / statuary declaration, is some other defined format?
First of all great news that your mom is doing well now

I honestly don't know whether a history of cancer could fail her in Medicals or not

As for the functional English, you just respond to the CO with your intention to pay once allocated and he/she will invoice you for it

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'd say better wait for the baby to be born then do the X-Ray and add the baby

Option 2 is a bit risky in case u get the visa too late (very few weeks before due date)
Thank you for your kind advice ... I will surely take it into consideration....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
IELTS and PCC

Hi all,
I'm caught in a peculiar situation. I'll be adding my mom as a dependent on my 189 application. The last date to fill the immi account application form is end of next week(08/06/2015). I've applied for PCC, and approached the passport office for my mom's PCC. They have told that I should remove the spouse name from her passport and then get a new passport issued. The PCC shall then be taken on that new passport. I have scheduled her IELTS for 23/07/2015, with the current passport. If I apply for her fresh passport now, she may not be able to take up IELTS, as her current passport won't be valid then.... Or if I plan to apply after ilIELTS, my case officer may not give me enough time for that... What shall I do? My mom is having noon functional English but am hopeful of her clearing Ielts, else I'll have to pay AUD4800 for that... Suggestions pls...

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.