Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am from Bangalore, India.

I've got my IELTS & ACS done and was about to apply for 175 with my wife as the co applicant.

My wife had applied for passport update - addition of spouse's name and address update.

The passport center "cancelled" her current passport (by stamping CANCELLED on the front page) and has not issued the new passport yet (its granted, under processing)

I wanted to know if I can go ahead and apply for 175 ? I need to give my wife's passport number in the co applicant section - will it be ok to give the old passport number & use "change of circumstances" form later to update the new passport number when we receive it ?

Please help!

·
Registered
630 Posts
I am from Bangalore, India.

I've got my IELTS & ACS done and was about to apply for 175 with my wife as the co applicant.

My wife had applied for passport update - addition of spouse's name and address update.

The passport center "cancelled" her current passport (by stamping CANCELLED on the front page) and has not issued the new passport yet (its granted, under processing)

I wanted to know if I can go ahead and apply for 175 ? I need to give my wife's passport number in the co applicant section - will it be ok to give the old passport number & use "change of circumstances" form later to update the new passport number when we receive it ?

Please help!
Well keep in mind you also have to upload a color scan of your wife's passport with your 175 application, not just type in the number.

"officially" all the info you type in should be "True & current" in your case it won't be. how long the new passport will take ? If soon then i suggest you wait, if its like 60 days which might cause you to miss on australia forever then i guess you can go ahead as long as you have a color scan WITHOUT the "cancelled" stamp, as they probably wont' accept a passport scan with cancelled on it, then when you get new passport upload a "change of circumstances form", that should resolve your issue.

Reactions: srivasu

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well keep in mind you also have to upload a color scan of your wife's passport with your 175 application, not just type in the number.

"officially" all the info you type in should be "True & current" in your case it won't be. how long the new passport will take ? If soon then i suggest you wait, if its like 60 days which might cause you to miss on australia forever then i guess you can go ahead as long as you have a color scan WITHOUT the "cancelled" stamp, as they probably wont' accept a passport scan with cancelled on it, then when you get new passport upload a "change of circumstances form", that should resolve your issue.
Thanks JBY, I am not sure how much time is the new passport going to take to arrive.

I checked the change in circumstances form and it seems to be applicable to only the main applicant. Is this so ?

Also on second thoughts, I wouldnt want to knowingly provide wrong info to them.

Do you know where I can post direct queries to DIAC ? I checked their site and can not find a query form! All I could find was a form that would auto generate FAQs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.