Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My first post here. I have been offered a job in Dubai. I recently found out that I may not be able to sponsor my husband. Is that so? I've heard different things. Anyone with any info regarding this matter? Thanks much!

·
Super Moderator
Originally from UK but lived in many countries
6,965 Posts
Hi all,

My first post here. I have been offered a job in Dubai. I recently found out that I may not be able to sponsor my husband. Is that so? I've heard different things. Anyone with any info regarding this matter? Thanks much!
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
What job will you be doing and what will your monthly salary be?
In order to sponsor your husband - you need to be either a nurse, engineer, doctor or teacher - earning more than 4000 AED per month.
Cheers
Steve

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Steve for responding. I fulfill both of the criterias. I knew about these two conditions before applying, but I heard this is a very very recent change in regulations. I hope things haven't changed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi all,

this is what i received from General Directorate of Residency & Foreigners Affairs-Dubai.

ear Customer;

Thank you for contacting DNRD.

Referring to your below email. Please be informed that the professions of “Doctors, Engineers and Teachers “can sponsor their husbands with salary of AED 3000 + accommodation or AED 4000. For the other professions the basic salary should be AED 9000 +accommodation or AED 10000 and holding university degree.

· Application form.
· A copy of the sponsor’s passport.
· A copy of the sponsored passport.
· Approved marriage certificate (From UAE embassy and the Ministry of foreign affairs + the Ministry of foreign affairs in UAE.).
· Educational certificate for the wife.
· Work contract if you are working in private company and salary certificate if you are working in the government.
· Tenancy contract attested from land department.
· AED 360 application fees.

Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's great!! When did u receive this? I can have my sponsors check it out. Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts