Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question?
I have applied for visa 189. In my signature my timeline is given. my question is my wife become pregnant just recently that is after medical was done last month. So now CO has not been allocated. What should i do? Who do i inform about change in status? Plus if we go to validate our PR next year ; after the baby is born do we have to go again to get his/her PR activated as well? I am confused.. any idea? :confused:

Reactions: Akin

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi ali_sajjad86,

fill out form 1022 and upload it in the eVisa system. Normally, they put the application on hold until after the baby is born, because most women don't want to go through X-ray for the medicals while pregnant. Since your wife already went through the medicals, I don't know what will happen. Some scenarios:

A) If you get the visa before the baby is born and if your wife delivers it in Australia, he or she will automatically become an Australian citizen.

B) If you get the visa and your wife decides to deliver in Pakistan, you will need to apply for a separate child visa (101) for the baby to get PR.

C) If your wife delivers the baby (in Australia or overseas) before the visa decision is made, it will be included in your 189 application and get PR with you.

More information: Including Family Members in Your Application

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi ali_sajjad86,

fill out form 1022 and upload it in the eVisa system. Normally, they put the application on hold until after the baby is born, because most women don't want to go through X-ray for the medicals while pregnant. Since your wife already went through the medicals, I don't know what will happen. Some scenarios:

A) If you get the visa before the baby is born and if your wife delivers it in Australia, he or she will automatically become an Australian citizen.

B) If you get the visa and your wife decides to deliver in Pakistan, you will need to apply for a separate child visa (101) for the baby to get PR.

C) If your wife delivers the baby (in Australia or overseas) before the visa decision is made, it will be included in your 189 application and get PR with you.

More information: Including Family Members in Your Application

Cheers,
Monika

Thank you so much. This really helps. I am still waiting to be assigned a CO. As the medicals are done already therefore i think our application should not be put on hold. I am running all these scenarios in my head and feeling :confused: lol
lets see ... i think as soon as the CO is assigned will tell him will see from there. Thanks alot once again!
btw another quick question... The medicare covers complete cost? I mean as Visa 189 is permanent residence skills independent visa, does that mean if we do go to aus ( if my office approve 2-3 months leave) for delivery, everything will be free?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Can you update in which skill code you have done your process.
Seems to be quick.

Thanks
Its there in my signature. I applied for Visa 189 skills independent category.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi ali_sajjad86,

Medicare is a co-paying system, so you will have to pay part of the costs out of your own pocket but the government helps. The delivery in a public hospital should not cost you anything but private hospitals are a different matter. If she has a complicated pregnancy and requires more checkups or after-care that may also incur additional costs. Read the following threads for further information:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...re-cover-google-page-ranking.html#post1707138
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/au...ng-australia/216482-moving-pregnant-wife.html
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/189074-questions-regarding-centrelink.html

While the tone in the last thread is sometimes none-too-pleasant, the information provided may still be interesting.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi ali_sajjad86,

Medicare is a co-paying system, so you will have to pay part of the costs out of your own pocket but the government helps. The delivery in a public hospital should not cost you anything but private hospitals are a different matter. If she has a complicated pregnancy and requires more checkups or after-care that may also incur additional costs. Read the following threads for further information:

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/204890-healthcare-cover-google-page-ranking.html#post1707138
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/216482-moving-pregnant-wife.html
http://www.expatforum.com/expats/platypus-den/189074-questions-regarding-centrelink.html

While the tone in the last thread is sometimes none-too-pleasant, the information provided may still be interesting.

Cheers,
Monika
Pls help!!!
I have 3 years of accounting degree from australia..completed 3 years ago..can i still claim points provided its been 3 yrs since completion..

Sorry to ask this here ..
Thank you

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
fill form 1022 and upload it ASAP with any proof (pregnancy test or something).

Now if you get the PR BEFORE birth, you all will get the PRs except the newborn, which you will have to lodge a child visa for the newborn. OR, if your wife is not too far along, she can give birth there (she will have to get Hep B vaccine first), and then the baby will be Australian citizen.

If your wife gives birth BEFORE the grant, then you will have to fill another form 1022, attach the newborn's passport and birth certificate, then wait for an eMedical form and a HAP ID for the kid, and do medicals. The baby will be added free of charge to your application and will get PR with the rest of the family.

·
Registered
87 Posts
fill form 1022 and upload it ASAP with any proof (pregnancy test or something).

Now if you get the PR BEFORE birth, you all will get the PRs except the newborn, which you will have to lodge a child visa for the newborn. OR, if your wife is not too far along, she can give birth there (she will have to get Hep B vaccine first), and then the baby will be Australian citizen.

If your wife gives birth BEFORE the grant, then you will have to fill another form 1022, attach the newborn's passport and birth certificate, then wait for an eMedical form and a HAP ID for the kid, and do medicals. The baby will be added free of charge to your application and will get PR with the rest of the family.
Just to confirm, adding the baby to the application is free of charge?

I had informed my CO regarding my intention to add the baby into my application and she responded with below requirements:
1. Full birth certificate
2. Bio data page of passport
3. Passport photo
4. Form 1022 - change of circumstances

I was about to ask my CO on how to pay the child's fee...but then I see this thread. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you are right. This is free of charge. This is what CO wrote me :

"There is a note on file that you are expecting a baby in July 2014. To add child to the application after birth you will need to provide birth certificate, passport and a completed Form 1436 (no fee applicable). We will add your child to the application and provide a HAP ID as they will also need to meet the health requirement."

Hope this clear things up:) btw congrats in the baby. We are expecting anytime in July. Lets see. Goodluck

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yes you are right. This is free of charge. This is what CO wrote me :

"There is a note on file that you are expecting a baby in July 2014. To add child to the application after birth you will need to provide birth certificate, passport and a completed Form 1436 (no fee applicable). We will add your child to the application and provide a HAP ID as they will also need to meet the health requirement."

Hope this clear things up:) btw congrats in the baby. We are expecting anytime in July. Lets see. Goodluck
Are you sure adding baby before grant is free of charge ?

I am also in similar situation and in process of adding my newly born daughter.

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Awesome. Wasn't aware of that. Thanks! How much time does it take for adding baby for PR after post-lodgement?
post-lodgement, pre-grant is piece of cake. Fill a form, include passport, BC, get the HAP ID generated, do Meds, and voila !

·
Registered
5,182 Posts
Just one clarification required - this is possible only if the baby was born after the visa application was lodged, right? I mean someone can't misuse this by adding the baby later on even if the baby was born before visa lodging. Seems obvious, but still clarifying. Thanks dude, TheExpratriate.
yes .... possible only if the baby was born after lodging AND before grant

Born before lodging : Must add as a migrating dependent

Born after grant : must apply for child visa separately (unless born in Australia)

·
Registered
120 Posts
this is for adding a baby while lodging. If you give birth to a baby post-lodgement, it's free to add them
Thanks dear.. That's a big relief..my daughter is born post lodgement and we already updated CO that we are expecting a baby which we would like to add to this existing application.

Now I am waiting for her birth certificate and post that passport would b applied.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pregnant

Hi,

I have applied for 190 visa on 14th April 2014 and expect a CO in a few days' time.
I am pregnant and due in Sept 2014. I have not yet done the medicals.

Pls can anybody advise me on how to go about this; which form is required to intimate the CO of the pregnancy.

Is any certificate required from the gynecologist.

After the baby is born I will have to submit form 1436, Form 1022, birth certificate, photograph of my baby and baby's passport.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and regards,
caaustralia

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi. Well if the CO is not allotted yet to your case, you can wait and as soon as you receive the email inform him. Secondly if you are pregnant they will not issue you hAP id for medical. Your and baby's medical will be done after the baby is born.
In my case, my wife got pregnant after a month of medical if i remember correctly. As soon as we knew, we informed the CO. He will tell you which forms you need to complete. The advantage is in this case baby can be added for free plus all the family will get the PR together.
We had a baby 16th July. We are waiting for his passport to add him. My CO just asked me to fill couple of forms and send him passport copy, pictures, birth certificate and he will add the baby to the online application without any extra cost.
Hope this helps. Goodluck for the baby:)
Takecares!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hi,

I have applied for 190 visa on 14th April 2014 and expect a CO in a few days' time.
I am pregnant and due in Sept 2014. I have not yet done the medicals.

Pls can anybody advise me on how to go about this; which form is required to intimate the CO of the pregnancy.

Is any certificate required from the gynecologist.

After the baby is born I will have to submit form 1436, Form 1022, birth certificate, photograph of my baby and baby's passport.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks and regards,
caaustralia
Wait for CO to be assigned to you. They usually send an email if they need some documents such as form80, police clearance or medical results. That time, you have to inform your CO that you ar pregnant. Provide form 1022 together with certification of pregnancy from your doctor. CO will usually defer your medicals until the baby is born.

With regards to adding the baby, they will ask for form1022(change of circumtances), birth certificate and passport. Once they will receive the passport, they will generate a hapid for the baby's medicals.

Best of luck and congrats for the baby!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pregnant

Hi. Well if the CO is not allotted yet to your case, you can wait and as soon as you receive the email inform him. Secondly if you are pregnant they will not issue you hAP id for medical. Your and baby's medical will be done after the baby is born.
In my case, my wife got pregnant after a month of medical if i remember correctly. As soon as we knew, we informed the CO. He will tell you which forms you need to complete. The advantage is in this case baby can be added for free plus all the family will get the PR together.
We had a baby 16th July. We are waiting for his passport to add him. My CO just asked me to fill couple of forms and send him passport copy, pictures, birth certificate and he will add the baby to the online application without any extra cost.
Hope this helps. Goodluck for the baby:)
Takecares!!
Hi ali_sajjad86,

Congrats on the arrival of the baby. God bless you and your family.

Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
caaustralia,

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pregnant

Wait for CO to be assigned to you. They usually send an email if they need some documents such as form80, police clearance or medical results. That time, you have to inform your CO that you ar pregnant. Provide form 1022 together with certification of pregnancy from your doctor. CO will usually defer your medicals until the baby is born.

With regards to adding the baby, they will ask for form1022(change of circumtances), birth certificate and passport. Once they will receive the passport, they will generate a hapid for the baby's medicals.

Best of luck and congrats for the baby!
Thanks a lot rowell!

Regards,
caaustralia

1 - 20 of 135 Posts