Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Experts,

My wife would be primary applicant and she has old passport with maiden name. Now my concern is, in online application there is a section mentioning "any name change" as I have not done any name change for her after marriage. what should I fill there?

I was thinking , I will apply with her maiden name as family name and for spouse relation I will show marriage certificate. Will there be any problem with differences in family name for Wife and I ? Experts please advice.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi.....My wife's passport is still showing her maiden name and we applied with her family name only, also we supplied marriage certificate as proof of relationship. so basically we don't share same family name as per documents and CO is ok with it. All my documents are in Met status.
So i guess there shouldn't be any problem even if she is primary applicant..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi.....My wife's passport is still showing her maiden name and we applied with her family name only, also we supplied marriage certificate as proof of relationship. so basically we don't share same family name as per documents and CO is ok with it. All my documents are in Met status.
So i guess there shouldn't be any problem even if she is primary applicant..
Thanks SandyBR for your reply..

Just one more thing did u mention in the form that your wife name has changed ?? As generally after marriage name changes for females.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We didn't mention any name changes...As my wife started working well before our marriage, so all her documents(including passport) contains her maiden name. So we continued the application with her family name.

Reactions: sdahiya85

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
DIAC will have absolutely no issue with this as long as you provide the marriage certificate.
Unfortunately you just might run into trouble during the PCC bcoz I experienced a similar problem. Here in Gujarat(alongwith a few other states who have this weird and illogical rule :mad:),its mandatory to have your spouse's name on your passport.
My wife had my name in her passport but I didnt have her name in my passport...So the Regional Passport Office didnt accept my application...
It might be worthwhile to check this out with your PSK (Passport Seva Kendra)..If they are ok with the passport then no need to change the passports...

Hi Experts,

My wife would be primary applicant and she has old passport with maiden name. Now my concern is, in online application there is a section mentioning "any name change" as I have not done any name change for her after marriage. what should I fill there?

I was thinking , I will apply with her maiden name as family name and for spouse relation I will show marriage certificate. Will there be any problem with differences in family name for Wife and I ? Experts please advice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DIAC will have absolutely no issue with this as long as you provide the marriage certificate.
Unfortunately you just might run into trouble during the PCC bcoz I experienced a similar problem. Here in Gujarat(alongwith a few other states who have this weird and illogical rule :mad:),its mandatory to have your spouse's name on your passport.
My wife had my name in her passport but I didnt have her name in my passport...So the Regional Passport Office didnt accept my application...
It might be worthwhile to check this out with your PSK (Passport Seva Kendra)..If they are ok with the passport then no need to change the passports...
Thanks lifeisgood for your valuable suggestion.

Just one thing If I obtain PCC showing Marital status as single. would it have any bearing on my CO? Like in my application 175 I am showing married and in PCC its single(I suppose there is marital status in PCC).
I dont want to go for a new passport because it will take ages here in Thane district.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
PCC doesnt show your marital status at all...So go ahead and get the PCC..a lot of guys have got the PCC in this manner...

Thanks lifeisgood for your valuable suggestion.

Just one thing If I obtain PCC showing Marital status as single. would it have any bearing on my CO? Like in my application 175 I am showing married and in PCC its single(I suppose there is marital status in PCC).
I dont want to go for a new passport because it will take ages here in Thane district.

Reactions: sdahiya85

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hey...Myself and my wife applied PCC together and her passport doesnt contain my name. So when we were inside PSK the CSE advised her to change to Single and process and my wife got the PCC then and there itself. So it doesn't matter if you apply it as single :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.