Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just reading about on this forum about age,,yes its evn come to that, where age should not matter in a relatioship, And found out that the good moderators here helped this couple, (love it) Anyways i am 57 yrs my fiance is 43si that so much of a big deal..when
Vital infromation is not being considered, i findit disgusting, Are there proper mechanism in place for the ECO to have proper trainng and not to overlook these types of vital information, I just hope me age does not go agianst me, then it becomes a human rights issue, based on that. alone.

Just venting ..travesty to say the least

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
I don't know what you are on about. Older people in relationship shouldn't create any more problems than younger people, but what ECO is looking for is evidence for a genuine, durable and subsisting relationship. Now if you were to get into a relationship with an 18-year old, that would raise their eyebrows. While it's not a reason for automatic fail, you clearly have to supply solid evidence that your relationship is totally legit, genuine, and not a scam to get a settlement visa for UK, and you'll have a big job convincing ECO.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Who is 58 and 18? That's a hypothetical you made up. The OP and his SO are well into their adult lives and he's talking about a couple who are in their late 50s because he's concerned about ageism against older couples. That's the context within which I'm speaking.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I was 58 and my husband was 56 when I applied and was granted my spouse visa. I'm now 60 and he turns 58 today. Age has nothing to do with it - in fact, I think mature couples with correct documentation may be viewed slightly more favorably as we are more established and settled. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have seen it happen here in canada, Water dragon , Joppa, Secretlobster ty for the response..she is my (fiance) a bit upset the route we are taking is the long ardous journey due to lack of paying her self.. through her business (first time for everything ) and (visitor Marriage) i do understand and learnt a hell of a lot from this forum
Me being part scottish raised in India. I will do an ancestry checkup on my GF whois a waddel and whos wife was french.
Why does this have to be so hard...lolol thank you buddism teaaches me to stand steadfast and follow my heart, the truth with diginity and love..

love you all AND GREAT FORUM

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
i have seen it happen here in canada, Water dragon , Joppa, Secretlobster ty for the response..she is my (fiance) a bit upset the route we are taking is the long ardous journey due to lack of paying her self.. through her business (first time for everything ) and (visitor Marriage) i do understand and learnt a hell of a lot from this forum Me being part scottish raised in India. I will do an ancestry checkup on my GF whois a waddel and whos wife was french. Why does this have to be so hard...lolol thank you buddism teaaches me to stand steadfast and follow my heart, the truth with diginity and love.. love you all AND GREAT FORUM
I think we all look for ways we might be refused (I certainly did!) as it is a very stressful process. The bottom line is that once you meet the requirements and send the correct documentation, it is likely you will be granted the visa. Never assume that, if a crucial document is missing, UKVI will contact you. They may but they may not! All the best to you!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes yes ..Whatshouldwedo..all documents forwarded also made sure all documents they needed were given plus more.. to my subsistting relationsip.. made sure of that.. just waiting will post. I did recieve an email stating its in the que.

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
Who is 58 and 18? That's a hypothetical you made up. The OP and his SO are well into their adult lives and he's talking about a couple who are in their late 50s because he's concerned about ageism against older couples. That's the context within which I'm speaking.
No need to be rude to me. You asked ages of those who are adults don't matter. I was saying it depends on particulars. If you can't remain civil on forum, I suggest you stop posting.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I did not mean to sound rude, and if I did, I sincerely apologise. I was merely stating a fact that the ages of 58 and 18 were not brought up within the context of the OP's question except as a hypothetical circumstance which you raised.

I understand you're a moderator and you're clearly knowledgable, but I'm absolutely baffled at the tone of some of your responses. I find it really unnecessary to suggest I'm being uncivil.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok all ... we all have an opinion its how knowledgeable we are when we use it ,,I find everyone in this forum has something to offer..

The enlightenment of ones HEart opens a new world of hope to another..Love you all.

Also thank you all whoever contributed to this thread. I carry your knowledge with me and learn...

·
Registered
39,060 Posts
I did not mean to sound rude, and if I did, I sincerely apologise. I was merely stating a fact that the ages of 58 and 18 were not brought up within the context of the OP's question except as a hypothetical circumstance which you raised. I understand you're a moderator and you're clearly knowledgable, but I'm absolutely baffled at the tone of some of your responses. I find it really unnecessary to suggest I'm being uncivil.
Ok. But you do come across as know-all even though you have only very limited experience and knowledge, with the result that you are often wrong. While a moderator isn't meant as expert in any specific field, I feel duty bound to intervene when something is clearly not right or inappropriate. If you don't like that, I suggest you stay away.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I will leave the forum, since you are insistent, so thanks very much for your genuinely unwelcoming attitude. Makes that decision easy. Take care.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.