Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do so many expats wear baggy jeans and grey trainers !!!

I have never owned a pair of jeans and based on today's evidence never will ;-)

Sent using ExpatForum App

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
COuld it possibly be because the once tight fitting jeans got baggier and baggier after each stomach bug and the once upon a time ever so white sneackers became dark shade of grey after a short walk in Cairo's filthy streets?

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sonrisa said:
COuld it possibly be because the once tight fitting jeans got baggier and baggier after each stomach bug and the once upon a time ever so white sneackers became dark shade of grey after a short walk in Cairo's filthy streets?
You would expect the opposite - as the waistline increases the jeans get tighter !! I swear these trainer were always grey :-(

·
Registered
454 Posts
Lanason--not EVERY American dresses this way. (by the way, I've seen many British citizens dressed in a similar fashion as well, so this style knows no boundaries!). :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
txlstewart said:
Lanason--not EVERY American dresses this way. (by the way, I've seen many British citizens dressed in a similar fashion as well, so this style knows no boundaries!). :)

Sent from my iPhone using ExpatForum
I did say "more" of an American thing. My straw poll today suggests - USA wins the contest - I was in road 9 in Maadi so maybe the sample was not statistically significant. The distribution having been skewed by the location and also it was a small sample (4 people) :)

By the way 2 of the sample were me and my wife. Tee hee

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I did say "more" of an American thing. My straw poll today suggests - USA wins the contest - I was in road 9 in Maadi so maybe the sample was not statistically significant. The distribution having been skewed by the location and also it was a small sample (4 people) :)

By the way 2 of the sample were me and my wife. Tee hee

how can you be a sample... you said you have never owned a pair of jeans:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts