Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I read all the posts about URSSAF and did not see anything related to my question. I am an EU citizen and in France with a certificat de scolarité. I don't work in France, but I have applied for CAF and for CPAM. My husband is here on a titre de séjour and he does work and pays into the social security system (I'm not sure if this is relevant since the bills are addressed to me). Last month, a received an "avis d'echeance" from URSSAF that says I have to pay a "montant de la cotisation" of 261€. I've called URSSAF, CPAM, and CAF and none of them can tell me why URSSAF is billing me. Nevertheless, I've received another letter from them with a 15€ penalty for not paying on time despite the fact that they can't tell me for what exactly I'd be paying. Here's what I've been told by different people at URSSAF and CPAM:

1. MAYBE it's because you need to make trimester payments for assurance maladie (even though I am unemployed...to which he suggested that I go to the pole d'emploi).
2. MAYBE you can be reimbursed in the Spring once your husband has accrued enough work hours. She wasn't sure, though, exactly why I was being billed.
3. Listen, just give us your money. We're not sure what it's for or why we are asking, but if you don't we'll just raise the price 15€ every month. No, I can't help you any more, I'm going for a smoke.

Every time I call one of the agencies they say to call the other one. None of them seems to know why I have received this bill. Please help.

·
Administrator
50,423 Posts
If your husband is working, has he declared you as an ayant droit on his sécu account?

If you are a student, did your university ask you for any form of proof of your health coverage?

If you're not declared as having insurance as an ayant droit and you haven't provided any other evidence of coverage to your university, that could be where the problem is.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.