Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, Im new to this forum so sorry if this has been asked before!

Im currently on my WHV and in full time employment as a vet nurse, and I have decided I want to stay here on a more permenant basis and from my research on the internet I think I can go straight on to the 457 visa if my current employer wants to sponser me, is this correct does anyone know? and if he isnt willing to sponser me am I able to find another job in the same industry with an employer that will sponser me? also will I have to leave Oz to change visa types?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Hi:

I think you can apply onshore for a 457 since you already have a current WHV which allows work. It doesn't matter whether it's for the current employer or a new employer as long as you have a valid visa to be in AU at the time the visa is granted.

Try to get the ball rolling by getting sponsorship.

All forms and rules are on immi.gov.au

First step is for the employer to file a form that they want to sponsor you. Once they receive the reply letter that it is OK then you apply for the 457 with that letter and additional forms.

Here's a link to processing times:
Client Service Charter

Hi everyone, Im new to this forum so sorry if this has been asked before!

Im currently on my WHV and in full time employment as a vet nurse, and I have decided I want to stay here on a more permenant basis and from my research on the internet I think I can go straight on to the 457 visa if my current employer wants to sponser me, is this correct does anyone know? and if he isnt willing to sponser me am I able to find another job in the same industry with an employer that will sponser me? also will I have to leave Oz to change visa types?

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
First step is for the employer to file a form that they want to sponsor you. Once they receive the reply letter that it is OK then you apply for the 457 with that letter and additional forms.
You can also choose to send the nomination form and the visa application at the same time btw! This could potentially save time (worked for me).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info! will have to start getting sorted hopefully ill be successful and can stay in Australia longer :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts