Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! :) I'm an American petitioning for my Fiancé in Wales, UK, to come to the US on a K-1 Visa. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures taken together in Wales when I was there during Christmas of 2011. I understand we must have some signed and notarized affidavits from her family members to prove that we met in person. Does the following paragraph sound good to anybody? Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

"I, (witnesses name here), witnessed that [My name] met [Her name] in person here in Hay-On-Wye, Wales, in December of 2011. [My name] was here in Wales for three full weeks. They have known each other since 2008 and they communicate online daily. Now they are engaged, and I believe they will be very happy together in America."

Also: We are very desperate to get her here to the US as soon as possible because her mother (who she lives with) is going to be moving soon, and my Fiancé will have nowhere to go. Is there anything faster to get her here? Like if I was to marry her there in Wales? Thanks again!

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Unfortunately there is no way to speed up fiance visas. The young lady will have to make arrangements for accomodations until her visa is approved.
Try the affidavits. Ask visitors if they have taken pictures.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Affidavits in the UK

I am wondering what you may have found out about getting affidavits in the UK? If so can you please tell me if it they should be signed by a notary, a commissioner of oaths or if it was signed by a solicitor as a general affidavit? I can't get a straight answer. It doesn't state on the I-130 what it should be and as it looks like you and your wife had to do this, I thought it no harm in asking:) Thankyou for you consideration!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts