Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI All,

We are stuck with few queries :
1. Who should be the main applicant between myself and my husband ?

Husband : B.Tech(Chemical Engg), MBA (Technology),5 yrs IT exp(with 3 yrs as DBA)
Myself : B.Tech (CompSc), 2 yrs IT Exp, MBA (Finance), Financial Modeller( 3.5 yrs)

2.He does not have his graduation degree in IT though 5 yrs IT exp.So we are doubtful if assessing authorities will consider his credentials so far( i.e.graduation not in Technology!)?

3. I am having current profile in Finance.But subjects specified at CPA/ICAA websites do not say whether these should be the core subjects at graduation or post-grad ( I am having these at post-grad level !)?

4. With my MBA(Finance) degree who should be the assessing authority CPA or ICAA?

5. What would be the appropriate ANZSCO code for Financial Modellers? As the role does not match criteria of a Finance Manager
Any help would be highly appreciated.

·
Registered
194 Posts
HI All,

We are stuck with few queries :
1. Who should be the main applicant between myself and my husband ?

Husband : B.Tech(Chemical Engg), MBA (Technology),5 yrs IT exp(with 3 yrs as DBA)
Myself : B.Tech (CompSc), 2 yrs IT Exp, MBA (Finance), Financial Modeller( 3.5 yrs)

2.He does not have his graduation degree in IT though 5 yrs IT exp.So we are doubtful if assessing authorities will consider his credentials so far( i.e.graduation not in Technology!)?

3. I am having current profile in Finance.But subjects specified at CPA/ICAA websites do not say whether these should be the core subjects at graduation or post-grad ( I am having these at post-grad level !)?

4. With my MBA(Finance) degree who should be the assessing authority CPA or ICAA?

5. What would be the appropriate ANZSCO code for Financial Modellers? As the role does not match criteria of a Finance Manager
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Since no one has replied let me shoot my views; but take them with a pinch of salt since I havent gone through ACS.

1. What are your ages and IELTS scores? A lot might depend on these two factors.

2. I dont think ACS will award points for his 5 yrs exp since he doesnt have an IT qualification.

3,4,5: Financial modeller is not on the SOL; doubtful if it will match an occupation on the CSOL either. I think investment analysts were/ are on canada list but not for australia.

I think one of you will have to score band 8 in IELTS; and apply for a 189 with your engineering degree qualification.

If you are below 33 years of age you would get 30 points for age; 15 for qualifications (chemical engineer & CS engineer is on SOL as far as i remember), and if you score a 20 in IELTS you have 65 points. Plus the other one can get their skills assessed as well and claim additional 5 points. Which takes the total to 70 and so even without a band 8 you are in with a chance.

Above thoughts are just from the top of my head, not the gospel truth. I suggest you meet with a good immigration agent to get some ideas if you dont get any from the forums.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks for your reply Dragonfly21.

Could you please suggest if we should go for assessment through an agent first before going for ACS? If yes,please recommend some authentic agents.

FYI : For your queries : We both are 30. He has 3 yrs experience in IT before his MBA and 2yrs exp post MBA.
It is like : 4 yrs (B.tech (Chemical)), Then 3 yrs IT Job, 2 yrs MBA(technology),then 2 yrs IT Job. Would they consider 5 yrs or only 2 yrs under IT Experience?Please advise.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Could you please suggest if we should go for assessment through an agent first before going for ACS? If yes,please recommend some authentic agents.

FYI : For your queries : We both are 30. He has 3 yrs experience in IT before his MBA and 2yrs exp post MBA.
It is like : 4 yrs (B.tech (Chemical)), Then 3 yrs IT Job, 2 yrs MBA(technology),then 2 yrs IT Job. Would they consider 5 yrs or only 2 yrs under IT Experience?Please advise.
As far I know, agents like Y-Axis or Opeluntuz, charges Rs 2000 for so called assessment. Those are nothing but points evaluation by ourself.

Since I cannot predict the points on your case, if you are not very sure about this, please seek some agents. I don't know if these two agents are MARA.

If you are going through agent, better approach MARA agents. Because, many things they will do such as notary certification is just done by them on your documents in the future stage, and even you can get full refund of money from DBIP if in case something goes wrong.

All the best.

Best regards,
JR

·
Registered
194 Posts

Welcome!

Which city are you located in?

·
Registered
194 Posts

About your query about work ex am sure someone who has knowledge of ACS legislation should be able to help you. Unfortunately I havent gone through ACS.

And dont go for an assessment through Y-Axis and other generic agents; its a waste of time and money.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts