Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Friends,
I need a clarification with regard to the grant letter. If the case is being handled by a migration agent then, will the grant letter be sent to him by CO or on my email address???
Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi Friends,
I need a clarification with regard to the grant letter. If the case is being handled by a migration agent then, will the grant letter be sent to him by CO or on my email address???
Thanks in advance....
migration agent. :)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Hi Friends,
Thanks in advance....
depends if your migration agent is MARA registered or not.

If he/she is not , he will file everything posing as you and all communication will be through email id he gives posing as you. Y-axis did this for me. I got the grant letter in my inbox.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks v_yadav. Why do dey do dat? Is Y Axis nt MARA registered? Also, is it true dat a separate form needs to be submitted if the case is being handled by MARA agent? Apart from Form 80.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Thanks v_yadav. Why do dey do dat? Is Y Axis nt MARA registered? Also, is it true dat a separate form needs to be submitted if the case is being handled by MARA agent? Apart from Form 80.
I do not know about MARA agents. Y-axis lady told me they were going to be MARA agents from this year but i dont know the latest status.

Dont go for any agent untill your case is complicated, this forum has alot of info and caring members. I did'nt knew when i started so i lost 60k to Yaxis.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey....i know....but i am also stuck in a similar situation.....i am on the last stage of receiving my grant....so feel the same way like you...this forum is much better than any MARA agent. Are you in Aussie already?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Naa still in India, will move in May last week Next year. what about you?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have nt yet received my grant.....so depends...bt will move soon after the grant....hv u gt 189 or 190? I thought u get only 3 months initial entry date after grant. I read in another thread da visa granted in aug hv to enter by dec.....wat do u do?

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Hi everyone,

Migration agents who operate outside Australia do not have to be registered with MARA. If you appoint an agent as the "authorized recipient", all communication with DIAC (including the grant letter) will go through the agent, whether s/he is MARA registered or not. You probably had to sign Form 956 when you signed your contract. This form has questions on whether you agree that all communication goes through the agent, including information about your medicals.

You can also authorize somebody else (who is not an agent) to communicate with DIAC on your behalf by filling out Form 956A. You can also withdraw the appointment of the agent or authorized recipient to communicate with DIAC on your behalf at any time with the same forms.

Cheers,
Monika

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Hi everyone,

Migration agents who operate outside Australia do not have to be registered with MARA. If you appoint an agent as the "authorized recipient", all communication with DIAC (including the grant letter) will go through the agent, whether s/he is MARA registered or not. You probably had to sign Form 956 when you signed your contract. This form has questions on whether you agree that all communication goes through the agent, including information about your medicals.

You can also authorize somebody else (who is not an agent) to communicate with DIAC on your behalf by filling out Form 956A. You can also withdraw the appointment of the agent or authorized recipient to communicate with DIAC on your behalf at any time with the same forms.

Cheers,
Monika
Thanks a lot Monika for details informations!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts