Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I am busy with the online visa application (VAF4A) for my 16 year old daughter. I've done mine and, in my case, my wife is my British sponsor but who is my daughter's sponsor, my wife (her mother) or me? We are using category D, cash savings alone which are all in my name. I presume I need to fill in an Appendix 2 for for her as well but, again, on the form, am I her sponsor? I feel dumb not being able to work this out! :confused:

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
It's usually the parent she normally lives with, but can be the other parent instead. Normally it's best to have as her sponsor the parent who is also the financial sponsor. If you apply together, you only need to complete one Appendix two (but two application forms) and supporting documents can be shared as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks once again to you guys, Hertsfem and Joppa, you've made this process a lot easier.

Hertsfem, my wife is second generation British (not born in Britain) so my kids can't get automatic citizenship unfortunately.

Joppa, we are applying together, my daughter and I, and I didn't realise we could fill in just the one Appendix 2, so thank you for that. It does make sense though because the financial requirement I have to meet is inclusive of one child. Just to confirm, as the savings are all in my name, you would suggest that I put myself as her sponsor on the visa application form?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, I have seen people approved putting forward either the parent they normally live with or their other parent (sometimes even step parent) who is their financial sponsor. Ultimately it doesn't matter as the personal form (VAF4A and its online form) asks no financial questions, which are dealt with in Appendix 2.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.