Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
lol, I think MS's talking about the police.
But sure, makes me wonder, why the women don't swich their black niqab for white ones, surely they would be more suitable for the heat

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
lol, I think MS's talking about the police.
But sure, makes me wonder, why the women don't swich their black niqab for white ones, surely they would be more suitable for the heat
I guess it's to do with "see through" being a no-no. Still, I've seen women wearing niqab in a milky coffee kind of shade, which must be a better option for the extreme heat. The problem is these garments are not just 1 piece, 1 layer. I don't know how they survive :(

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess it's to do with "see through" being a no-no. Still, I've seen women wearing niqab in a milky coffee kind of shade, which must be a better option for the extreme heat. The problem is these garments are not just 1 piece, 1 layer. I don't know how they survive :(

I have seen white being used in Oman..

but it's the same in Europe regarding heat,... black widow tweeds that the elderly never seem to discard,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Would be the same in the UK...:D

political correctness has gone mad,
I remember when I returned from South Africa back to Munich (which is one of the places with the lowest crime rate in Germany) and I saw a black guy climbing through a window of a school on a Sunday so I called police. The officer asked me "so the suspect was wearing black clothes?" and I answered, "no, he was black." After a few seconds of shock he answered "Oh, I understand, he was coloured!" and I said "listened, I lived in Africa. The guy wasn't coloured, he was black!"
After they surrounded the school it turned out it was the window cleaner who was working illegally which in German is "Schwarzarbeit" which directly translates into black work...

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I remember when I returned from South Africa back to Munich (which is one of the places with the lowest crime rate in Germany) and I saw a black guy climbing through a window of a school on a Sunday so I called police. The officer asked me "so the suspect was wearing black clothes?" and I answered, "no, he was black." After a few seconds of shock he answered "Oh, I understand, he was coloured!" and I said "listened, I lived in Africa. The guy wasn't coloured, he was black!"
After they surrounded the school it turned out it was the window cleaner who was working illegally which in German is "Schwarzarbeit" which directly translates into black work...

We had a post on here a couple of years ago and someone said... the natives of Egypt/cairo and of course someone jumped in accusing the poster of all manner of things by using the word native which is of course the correct term.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts