Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering which brands of washing powder you prefer? I'm told many, in Spain, are very expensive but not very good.

At home, we usually use Tesco or Asda own brand as they are cheaper, give good results - and are less perfumed.

·
Administrator
36,833 Posts
I use the Mercadona own brand - there are various kinds - their fabric conditioner is good too

Ariel & other 'names' are expensive & don't seem to be any better

btw - if you like Surf, it's called Skip, here - or was, I haven't noticed it on the shelf recently :confused2:

·
Registered
202 Posts
brocher said:
Just wondering which brands of washing powder you prefer? I'm told many, in Spain, are very expensive but not very good.

At home, we usually use Tesco or Asda own brand as they are cheaper, give good results - and are less perfumed.
Mercadonas own brand too- ive two under 5s. You cant beat it.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Me too. All their Bosque Verde cleaning products are very effective and good value.

I use liquid rather than powder though, I find it's better at the lower washing temperatures we use here.
On the straw poll, we'll give the Mercadona one a try! Been using Al Campo's own but Mercadona is much handier!

Ha, never thought of it before but I use liquid, too, even though I still call it powder. 'Course washing liquid would be for the dishes, wouldn't it!:confused:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Agree that Bosque Verde products are excellent, but OH, after 18 months of comparing products here, is convinced that Formil from Lidl is by far the best. It is also the cheapest. OH is obsessed with cleaning clothes and I'll take her word for it. She says she thinks it is better than anything in the UK, with price being an important factor.

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
I use the eco range by Carrefour. I don't know if it's expensive or not, but it gets the clothes clean. It's alsoliquid 'cos if you use low temperatures I find that powder doesn't dissolve so well and you end up with white "stains" on the clothes.

·
Administrator
36,833 Posts
I don't use washing powder. I just put my dirty clothes in this bin thing on the landing and a few days later they arrive clean in my chest of drawers.
I suppose at least you put them in the bin :rolleyes:

many years ago I wentto look after my dad & brother while my mum was in hospital - my brother was in his 20s at the time

he went to visit my mum & when I went in the next day she was really upset & angry with me for not 'doing my job' because my brother's clothes hadn't been washed

when I had done the washing his washing basket had been empty;)

he learned...........

·
Registered
19,456 Posts
I don't use washing powder. I just put my dirty clothes in this bin thing on the landing and a few days later they arrive clean in my chest of drawers.
We don't have one of those in our house...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.