Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do a online visa assessment.
For my partner, 10 year old and my self.

There does not seem to be a section for my needs.

I currently own 2 small companies, 1. new build property developer, 2. water treatment.

We will look to buy a house outright in Perth area or Queensland. We wiil buy a couple of building plots and set up a water treatment company. So will be investing money and helping the economy.

Please help

·
Registered
6,235 Posts
Hi Paul H,

From what you've said you have the option of a business visa or maybe finding a skill set that you could apply with. For example if as part of being a property developer you actually build the houses yourself then maybe you could apply as a builder.

What does your partner do? Maybe her skill set could be used as the main applicant for a visa.

Usually the visa's are for skills that are required (whether independent or sponsored by state or employer) or relative sponsorship.

When in doubt contact some agents (who are MIA or MARA registered) and ask them. First consultations are usually free and they will usually tell you your chances of getting in - the first two agents I contacted said we didn't stand a chance and the third said we could get in. We've been here 2.5 years now and applying for citizenship so ask several agents! :)

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Karen

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Have you checked out the DIAC link in the "please read: helpful websites....." sticky at the top of the forum page? All the visa available are detailed there. Those will be your options. Have a look at the details for the Business Visa.

After you've checked, and you still can't find a visa that suits you, I'd suggest you contact an agent. They will be able to give you options.

Dolly

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Also, if you do plan to go on a skilled independent PR, you need to get your skill assessed if your skill is on the skill on demand list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts