Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

- I have done B.tech in CSE, have experience of almost 3.6 years as a Software Engineer and positive skill assessment from ACS and scored 65 in each module of PTE, so I am eligible to claim 55 points.

- I wanted to know which visa should I apply for - 190 visa or 489 visa as if I apply for 190 visa then I'll get 5 points from state and 10 in the case of 489 visa. So which one is the better option -

To apply for 190 visa with 60 points
or
To apply for 489 visa with 65 points.

- And I also wanted to know about states which can provide state sponsorship in this case.
Thanks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi guys,

- I have done B.tech in CSE, have experience of almost 3.6 years as a Software Engineer and positive skill assessment from ACS and scored 65 in each module of PTE, so I am eligible to claim 55 points.

- I wanted to know which visa should I apply for - 190 visa or 489 visa as if I apply for 190 visa then I'll get 5 points from state and 10 in the case of 489 visa. So which one is the better option -

To apply for 190 visa with 60 points
or
To apply for 489 visa with 65 points.

- And I also wanted to know about states which can provide state sponsorship in this case.
Thanks.
Hi,

You can apply for both since there is no hurdle in applying. All matters is whether you will get or not. With the current trend, even if you wait for 2 years with these points, you are never going to get the invitation. Try for high PTE score 20 points and apply for 189, 190,489. Then there will be 100% chance of getting invite in anyone of those categories. With 55 points as base, no hope.

Thanks,
Babu

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

You can apply for both since there is no hurdle in applying. All matters is whether you will get or not. With the current trend, even if you wait for 2 years with these points, you are never going to get the invitation. Try for high PTE score 20 points and apply for 189, 190,489. Then there will be 100% chance of getting invite in anyone of those categories. With 55 points as base, no hope.

Thanks,
Babu
Hi Babu,
Thank you for your kind reply. But do applicants with 65 points seek state sponsorship for additional 10 points? I am new in this process so just wanted to know about the trend so that I can take the decision accordingly. If I can get an invite with 55 points then it will make total 65 points for me to apply. So should I apply for 489 or there are already applicants with much more points seeking state sponsership in 489 visa?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi Babu,
Thank you for your kind reply. But do applicants with 65 points seek state sponsorship for additional 10 points? I am new in this process so just wanted to know about the trend so that I can take the decision accordingly. If I can get an invite with 55 points then it will make total 65 points for me to apply. So should I apply for 489 or there are already applicants with much more points seeking state sponsership in 489 visa?
Yes, you are right. Even people who have 65 points as base, applying for 190 ( for extra 5 points to become 70) and 489 ( extra 10 points to get 75 points ). But if you have rare skillselect which has more demand in region you are applying then you will get invite. If you are applying for 2613** codes, then absolutely no chance. Please try to increase your points

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Babu,
Yes, you are right. Even people who have 65 points as base, applying for 190 ( for extra 5 points to become 70) and 489 ( extra 10 points to get 75 points ). But if you have rare skillselect which has more demand in region you are applying then you will get invite. If you are applying for 2613** codes, then absolutely no chance. Please try to increase your points
Thank you for the valuable information Babu, really appreciate it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts